Northwestern Neurology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiomurio

Reaction score
Hello, all. Was hoping to get some input on Northwestern neurology residency. Recently interviewed here and was extremely impressed. Some of the most knowledgeable residents and faculty members I have ever met (overall!--not only in interviews!). Little background, I'm an MD/PhD looking seriously into continuing the physician-scientist track (and their PSTP is amazing), and seriously considering ranking Northwestern very close to or on the top of my list.

I just wanted to get others' impressions on Northwestern neurology especially compared to Columbia and Partners (the two other great contenders in my mind). I hope to hear about the programs pros and cons, specifically (i.e. not the cost of living, city, etc. as I've already considered my thoughts on these).

As far as I see, all three of these programs seem extremely well put together with world-class faculty and brilliant residents (with amazing fellowship placings!) to boot. However, Columbia and Partners seem somewhat malignant and the residents seem a little ground down whereas Northwestern much less so even though they also are little front-loaded. In terms of research $, they all have some of the most amount of NIH dollars and breadth of faculty so I'm not really worried about research funding (personal K-awards or otherwise).

What're your thoughts?
Thank you!
CM

Members don't see this ad.

Very interested in this too, if anyone has any input?

I didn't interview at Partners, but several top 10 programs and really trying to weigh pros and cons for academic neurology career in different places... Columbia and Northwestern being close to the top