Northwestern online status check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else just getting a blank screen?

I've tried logging in about 20 times at different times on different days and its always just blank, even if I wait for 20 minutes to download across a T1 connection.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry Baylor, but I get a screen that comes up purple and lists the dates my information was received, that my application is not yet complete (damn my unverified AMCAS :) ), that I have not been invited for an interview yet, etc.

I don't know what to tell you!

What's the website? In the thread about 'online status checks' i just get to the download the supplementary part but no status check part. please let me nkow --Trek

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by baylor21:
•Is anybody else just getting a blank screen?

I've tried logging in about 20 times at different times on different days and its always just blank, even if I wait for 20 minutes to download across a T1 connection.•

Baylor.

Try using Netscape.

I get the same download screen as trek.

Lorarp: could you please post the link you use to check your status.

thanks

In the latest string of application mishaps, I get a note from my pre-med committee informing me that one of the 10 committe letters sent out 2 weeks ago was returned to the office because the address label fell off! Which of the 10 is it? That's for me to figure out.. so I've been on the phone and emailing a lot.

One of the schools that couldn't help me was Northwestern. Even though I sent my secondary in on 9/5 (due 9/17) they dont even have that filed. The nice lady then said that the letters, which were sent a week later, wouldn't be filed for a couple weeks at minimum. They are experiencing a 'heavy back log of applications' so I wont even get the status page for at least a month from the date I submitted by supplement :rolleyes:

The short version: don't fret if your status page isn't working yet, they'll get to you.. ;)

I have been using Netscape, if that helps.

https://med-app2001.northwestern.edu/login.cfm

It's the same login screen for the 2ndary application and your status check page. Once they enter your info into their computer, you will no longer be able to access the 2ndary. Instead of taking you to that instructional page, you'll get the purple screen that says the following (I cut and pasted this from mine):

Welcome YOUR NAME!

AAMC ID: ########

You are applying for the M.D. program.

Your AMCAS Application was received on 09/04/01.

NUMS SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION

Date your application and fee/waiver were received: 08/27/01.

Date your Recommendation Letters were received:

From Committee on 08/20/01

Hold for MCAT Scores: No

Application Complete: Yes

INTERVIEW DECISION

Date your Interview invitation was sent:

Date scheduled for your Interview:

FINAL ADMISSION DECISION

Your application is still under consideration.

My due date for Northwestern was early September, and I still get the same screen. When I talked to the people there, they basically told me everything is very, very behind (why we need to get the applications in so early, then, is anyone's guess!). When I first called, they claimed they hadn't received any part of my application, and made me send everything (a new check and application, etc) again and quickly since my deadline was soon. A day later my original check was cashed. When I called back, I was told whoever told me to send a second copy was very, very misinformed and they wanted to know who the lady was who told me and everything. So more than three weeks have past, and still no status check, but with them, I really am not surprised!