You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Northwestern PM&R Summer Externship 2018
Started by MedStudent21_
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YoHi everyone!
Is anyone else waiting to hear back the results for the Northwestern Summer Externship for PM&R? 🙂
Somebody please post when they hear back. I read that if you're rejected or accepted you hear right away, but alternates you hear nothing until the accepted people all respond
Yo
Somebody please post when they hear back. I read that if you're rejected or accepted you hear right away, but alternates you hear nothing until the accepted people all respond
Right away being like should have heard already? Or right away being next week sometime?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like it's be in the last week of January in past years. i haven't looked too much into it.Right away being like should have heard already? Or right away being next week sometime?
From posts on SDN:
2011: Jan 28th ish
2013: Jan 22nd
2015: Feb 2nd ish
.
Last edited:
Hm, I haven't received any email 🙁
They might not have sent acceptances yet! Idk if they have an alternate listHm, I haven't received any email 🙁
They might not have sent acceptances yet! Idk if they have an alternate list
Actually I called and was informed that I am an alternate!
Because I'm curious about why I wasn't selected (I wrote a lot about very specific programs and ongoing research at Shirley Ryan I was interested in) - are you an MD student or do you have a lot of research experience?Actually I called and was informed that I am an alternate!
Also rejected! Lot of research experience, good MD school, felt like the PS was very specific to Ability Lab, etc. Don't have any real experience in PM&R though, so I'm guessing that was it.
Because I'm curious about why I wasn't selected (I wrote a lot about very specific programs and ongoing research at Shirley Ryan I was interested in) - are you an MD student or do you have a lot of research experience?
Nope! I'm a DO student, and I have very minimal research experience. I didn't talk about research in my personal statement. Only talked about "my goals" + past EC's, as well as how I was introduced to PM&R.
Nope! I'm a DO student, and I have very minimal research experience. I didn't talk about research in my personal statement. Only talked about "my goals" + past EC's, as well as how I was introduced to PM&R.
Congrats! Early submission is supposed to be a plus and I submitted Jan 3, might have been too late
Congrats! Early submission is supposed to be a plus and I submitted Jan 3, might have been too late
I actually submitted the same day as you! The chances of me getting it are extremely unlikely though, since I'm not one of the top 3 alternates, but oh well! 🙂
Any waitlist movement?
Any waitlist movement?
Yes! I've been taken off the waiting list!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K