Northwestern PM&R Summer Externship 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedStudent21_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else waiting to hear back the results for the Northwestern Summer Externship for PM&R? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

Is anyone else waiting to hear back the results for the Northwestern Summer Externship for PM&R? :)
Yo

Somebody please post when they hear back. I read that if you're rejected or accepted you hear right away, but alternates you hear nothing until the accepted people all respond

Yo

Somebody please post when they hear back. I read that if you're rejected or accepted you hear right away, but alternates you hear nothing until the accepted people all respond

Right away being like should have heard already? Or right away being next week sometime?

Members don't see this ad :)
Right away being like should have heard already? Or right away being next week sometime?
Seems like it's be in the last week of January in past years. i haven't looked too much into it.
From posts on SDN:
2011: Jan 28th ish
2013: Jan 22nd
2015: Feb 2nd ish

Reactions: 1 user
Actually I called and was informed that I am an alternate!
Because I'm curious about why I wasn't selected (I wrote a lot about very specific programs and ongoing research at Shirley Ryan I was interested in) - are you an MD student or do you have a lot of research experience?

Also rejected! Lot of research experience, good MD school, felt like the PS was very specific to Ability Lab, etc. Don't have any real experience in PM&R though, so I'm guessing that was it.

Because I'm curious about why I wasn't selected (I wrote a lot about very specific programs and ongoing research at Shirley Ryan I was interested in) - are you an MD student or do you have a lot of research experience?

Nope! I'm a DO student, and I have very minimal research experience. I didn't talk about research in my personal statement. Only talked about "my goals" + past EC's, as well as how I was introduced to PM&R.

Nope! I'm a DO student, and I have very minimal research experience. I didn't talk about research in my personal statement. Only talked about "my goals" + past EC's, as well as how I was introduced to PM&R.

Congrats! Early submission is supposed to be a plus and I submitted Jan 3, might have been too late

Congrats! Early submission is supposed to be a plus and I submitted Jan 3, might have been too late

I actually submitted the same day as you! The chances of me getting it are extremely unlikely though, since I'm not one of the top 3 alternates, but oh well! :)