Northwestern secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the link for their application. I could not find it on their web site.

Members don't see this ad.

i dunno... someone posted today that they're sending out secondaries via e-mail, but i haven't heard from them.

i got their invitation to submit a secondary via snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the essay that they asK?

bump - if anyone has received their northwestern secondary, we SDNers would be happy to hear from you.

i got the northwestern secondary invitation via snail mail yesterday. it gives you a link (https://medicalapp2003.northwestern.edu) and requires you to login. however, after filling out the secondary, you must send it back in the envelope they provided for you (when they send the invite to fill out the online 2ndary) and also attach the letter they sent you as a coversheet to your 2ndary. so you can prolly go to the site and poke around, but you need the materials they send you via the USPS in order to complete your 2ndary properly.

hope this helps. :)

It seems they're screening. If you haven't been approved yet, it won't let you enter . . .

Would you be so kind as to type out the essays for us, while we wait to hear?

they're generic:
1) what processes have you used to explore your committment to a career in medicine. describe in detail. (400wds)
2) what is your interest in n'western? (300wds)

almost a cut-and-paste from other secondaries. :)

OOPS -- forgot one of the essays. not so generic:

3.) develop a profile of a "good" physician. choose descriptive attitudes and behaviors you feel a physician should possess. how closely do you fit the profile? (400 wds)

i hadn't gotten the snail mail (someone is rerouting it from another state to me - things take a while) but i logged into the site. they make you cough up the cash before looking at the supplemental, so thanks for the essay questions guys - i don't know if i want to apply there yet.
-jot

THanks for posting the secondary essays!! :) :)

My final transmit date for NWestern (not the original 7/8 one they tell you at first) is 7/30/02. I'm guessing they just haven't processed my application yet.

Finally i'm allowed access to the secondary!

THIS is the problem with SDN, we get all worked up over other sdn ers 'progress'...

gosh, i was getting scared for a moment! Good luck to all of you! let me know if you have any questions on Chicago! it's a great city!!!!!

dave

Hey everyone i need some advise. The questions for NW are the same as last year. I applied there last year and interviewed . I am really happy with my secondary responses. How important do you think it is to change them? Also my personal statement is pretty much the same ?

well i'm no adcom or anything, but if i was, i'd be looking specifically for what makes you different from last year. if they didn't accept you last year with your application, what has changed that they might accept you this year?

if you don't tell them what makes you a better applicant this year in your essays, how do you expect them to know.

plus i think the more dangerous part is that they could look at your using the same essays as a sign of laziness and lack of effort.

i think if you can think of other things to write about, you should.
dave

hey all...
i still haven't heard from northwestern.. but i was wondering what the screening process is like... is it by #s?
or do they actually read the statements?

also... about how many people get 2ndaries?
b/c i know in previous years.. over 7000 people applied!!
zeez!

thanks monkey for posting the essays!
doesn't #1 sound like a summary of your personal statement?

thanks!!

eunice