Quantcast

Northwestern Step 2 email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Joka1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else get an email from Children's Memorial 'reminding' them of the new Step 2 policy? I haven't taken Step 2 yet, but I wonder if getting this email means anything...or if I shouldn't read too much into it.

chhsu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got it too. I wouldn't read into it. They told us during our interview that we had to have Step 2 completed by the time we started residency. They also added they had confidence this wouldn't be an issue for us. I'm taking mine in 2 weeks.

Skywalker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got it too. I took both parts of step 2 about 4 months ago, and sent the scores to schools about 2 months ago... and I still received the email. So I wouldn't read into it if I were you. :)

curious monkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think that programs would care if they haven't received step II scores from a foreign grad. or do they expect it since some of them feel like they are taking more of a chance on a caribbean grad?

siempre595

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yea, that email worried me a little also. I just had a classmate who got eliminated from her top choice family med program for not having step 2 taken yet. But hopefully it's not "required" by northwestern to be ranked......or I'm screwed too.