Joka1234

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else get an email from Children's Memorial 'reminding' them of the new Step 2 policy? I haven't taken Step 2 yet, but I wonder if getting this email means anything...or if I shouldn't read too much into it.

chhsu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
Got it too. I wouldn't read into it. They told us during our interview that we had to have Step 2 completed by the time we started residency. They also added they had confidence this wouldn't be an issue for us. I'm taking mine in 2 weeks.

Skywalker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2002
Status (Visible)
I got it too. I took both parts of step 2 about 4 months ago, and sent the scores to schools about 2 months ago... and I still received the email. So I wouldn't read into it if I were you. :)

About the Ads

curious monkey

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
do you think that programs would care if they haven't received step II scores from a foreign grad. or do they expect it since some of them feel like they are taking more of a chance on a caribbean grad?

siempre595

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Yea, that email worried me a little also. I just had a classmate who got eliminated from her top choice family med program for not having step 2 taken yet. But hopefully it's not "required" by northwestern to be ranked......or I'm screwed too.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.