Northwestern stinks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipaww

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all so last year i interviewed at NW and this year i got rejected before the secondary??? i dont get it? i just had to vent ... anyways when i went there they were suuuper snooteey... i come from a school where a little dirt and ghetto factor is all part of the charm.. and a bum on the street is your friend.. I dont care for the capitolistic bourgeoisie environment of northwestern . At this point its time to keep it real.. go bears.. we stuffed michigan state.. this year we take the AXXXXX to stanfurd!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by calipaww
I dont care for the capitolistic bourgeoisie environment of northwestern . At this point its time to keep it real..

ok...so, ummm, why did you re-apply there this year.....? :p

Sorry to hear about the rejection...i understand the need to vent....just playing with ya ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
My $0.02 on why Northwestern stinks:
They did not even wait to see my August MCAT scores (I retook) before rejecting me! :mad:
At least I was saved $90 or however much their secondary costs....

capitalistic elite? sounds awesome!

I still have no northwestern love..no w3rd from then RE: even a secondary! I received the mayo phone interview, stanford, duke, etc...no word from northwestern!

=X

Why I love Northwestern: they beat dook this weekend.

(okay, i know that had nothing to do with this thread, but it was a sad weekend for tarheels and i have to find joy somewhere ;))

Sorry to all of those with rejections...it sucks!!+pissed+

I have to admit to *still* being very confused by this whole screening deal - I mean I don't even have an MCAT score yet, so why do places like NW and Pitt, who spsedly screen send me 2ndaries?? I realize the MCAT score is not the whole story, but really I would have preferred them to wait on it if they might dump me based on it anyway....

maybe you should call them to see why you didn't get a secondary? i interviewed there last year as well and i just got one. did you strengthen your application for this year? i just find it strange that you weren't even considered for an interview this year.

Originally posted by the boy wonder
I have to admit to *still* being very confused by this whole screening deal - I mean I don't even have an MCAT score yet, so why do places like NW and Pitt, who spsedly screen send me 2ndaries?? I realize the MCAT score is not the whole story, but really I would have preferred them to wait on it if they might dump me based on it anyway....

You must have an awesome app!! :)

Originally posted by SMW
You must have an awesome app!! :)

Hmm, thanks :) I'm certainly glad someone thinks so - apparently Baylor disagrees tho' as they rejected me today. C'est la vie!

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
Why I love Northwestern: they beat dook this weekend.

(okay, i know that had nothing to do with this thread, but it was a sad weekend for tarheels and i have to find joy somewhere ;))

Sorry to all of those with rejections...it sucks!!+pissed+

When Northwestern beats Duke in basketball, then we'll care about their athletic teams. :) :) :)

I cheer for Anyone But Carolina, but am a Duke fan at heart. :)

Nonetheless, it's sad to see the state of Tarheel basketball these days. I feel for them...but not too much... :)

-RA

see when i got rejected last year i called and called and called to set up an appointment with the dean and never got called back... the jerks... so then i finally got hold of the secretary who i had left like 10 messages with.. she was like oh the dean wont talk to you.. she is getting ready for next year!!!! so i have no idea what went wrong!!!! honestly i dont think THEY are worth MY time... this year its time to take this medical school bull by the horns ... last year my mentality was like a little puppy licking the feet of the medical scholls... bad mentality... why?? cause it lowers your self esteem.... this year .... its time to get a little jiggy and work adcoms like a MACHINE!!!!!! screw NW!!!

calipaww,
why don't you email the dean directly? if you know the name, you can easily do a directory search on the school's website. they usually give email addresses if not more...

worth a shot!

Originally posted by Random Access
When Northwestern beats Duke in basketball, then we'll care about their athletic teams. :) :) :)

Nonetheless, it's sad to see the state of Tarheel basketball these days. I feel for them...but not too much... :)

sigh...and I was just starting to like you, RA. :(

Go Heels :clap:

Originally posted by Random Access

-RA

Yeah, and it's not like beating Duke in football is such an amazing feat.

Go Blue Devils! I'm getting excited about basketball season already. Too bad I cant go to the games anymore... :(

(Off the subject, sorry.)