Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Northwestern stinks

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calipaww, Sep 15, 2002.

1. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey all so last year i interviewed at NW and this year i got rejected before the secondary??? i dont get it? i just had to vent ... anyways when i went there they were suuuper snooteey... i come from a school where a little dirt and ghetto factor is all part of the charm.. and a bum on the street is your friend.. I dont care for the capitolistic bourgeoisie environment of northwestern . At this point its time to keep it real.. go bears.. we stuffed michigan state.. this year we take the AXXXXX to stanfurd!!!!!

2. Street Philosopher

10+ Year Member

yes, down with stanfurd! :clap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

ok...so, ummm, why did you re-apply there this year.....? :p

Sorry to hear about the rejection...i understand the need to vent....just playing with ya ;)

4. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My $0.02 on why Northwestern stinks:
    They did not even wait to see my August MCAT scores (I retook) before rejecting me! :mad:
    At least I was saved $90 or however much their secondary costs....

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

capitalistic elite? sounds awesome!

I still have no northwestern love..no w3rd from then RE: even a secondary! I received the mayo phone interview, stanford, duke, etc...no word from northwestern!

=X

6. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Why I love Northwestern: they beat dook this weekend.

(okay, i know that had nothing to do with this thread, but it was a sad weekend for tarheels and i have to find joy somewhere ;))

Sorry to all of those with rejections...it sucks!!+pissed+

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

I have to admit to *still* being very confused by this whole screening deal - I mean I don't even have an MCAT score yet, so why do places like NW and Pitt, who spsedly screen send me 2ndaries?? I realize the MCAT score is not the whole story, but really I would have preferred them to wait on it if they might dump me based on it anyway....

8. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    maybe you should call them to see why you didn't get a secondary? i interviewed there last year as well and i just got one. did you strengthen your application for this year? i just find it strange that you weren't even considered for an interview this year.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You must have an awesome app!! :)

10. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

Hmm, thanks :) I'm certainly glad someone thinks so - apparently Baylor disagrees tho' as they rejected me today. C'est la vie!

11. ad campaign:

NORTHWESTERN STINKS

ARRID WORKS

12. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

When Northwestern beats Duke in basketball, then we'll care about their athletic teams. :) :) :)

I cheer for Anyone But Carolina, but am a Duke fan at heart. :)

Nonetheless, it's sad to see the state of Tarheel basketball these days. I feel for them...but not too much... :)

-RA

13. calipaww

calipaww Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

see when i got rejected last year i called and called and called to set up an appointment with the dean and never got called back... the jerks... so then i finally got hold of the secretary who i had left like 10 messages with.. she was like oh the dean wont talk to you.. she is getting ready for next year!!!! so i have no idea what went wrong!!!! honestly i dont think THEY are worth MY time... this year its time to take this medical school bull by the horns ... last year my mentality was like a little puppy licking the feet of the medical scholls... bad mentality... why?? cause it lowers your self esteem.... this year .... its time to get a little jiggy and work adcoms like a MACHINE!!!!!! screw NW!!!

14. saiyagirl

saiyagirl Guest

calipaww,
    why don't you email the dean directly? if you know the name, you can easily do a directory search on the school's website. they usually give email addresses if not more...

worth a shot!

15. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    sigh...and I was just starting to like you, RA. :(

Go Heels :clap:

16. Bounty

Bounty 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, and it's not like beating Duke in football is such an amazing feat.

Go Blue Devils! I'm getting excited about basketball season already. Too bad I cant go to the games anymore... :(

(Off the subject, sorry.)