northwestern vs. tufts vs. umiami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhawk245

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I would choose NU, but I could understand why some people might choose Miami :D

In this order:

1. Northwestern by a landslide

2. Miami

3. Tufts, a distant third

Members don't see this ad :)
In this order:

1. Northwestern by a landslide

2. Miami

3. Tufts, a distant third

Agreed, but I would put Tufts 4th, after anything else that might pop up for you this cycle, like a waitlist...

I would choose Northwestern as well.

But why the distant third for Tufts? I heard it's a great school.

I cant speak to anything about the first two years, but I spent some time at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and interacted with a number of NU med students in their 4th year on rounds and such and they loved it. School has a pretty great location (if you like downtown chicago) but I guess it could get spendy to live close.

Purely $$.

I withdrew from Tufts and am seriously considering Northwestern, so my preference is pretty clear. Although Tufts is ridiculously pricey, NU is no walk in the park either in terms of COA.

I withdrew from Tufts and am seriously considering Northwestern, so my preference is pretty clear. Although Tufts is ridiculously pricey, NU is no walk in the park either in terms of COA.

You are absolutely right. Nothing against Tufts, it's a great school in a great location. But the average indebtedness of Tufts grads have been historically high compared to say, Northwestern. It's second only to Drexel, according to USNWR. So that's what I mean in terms of $$.. I feel that if it were more financially feasible for the average person to attend, it would merit greater consideration than it has in this thread. Just my general view on it, take it for what it's worth.