Northwestern vs. UofChicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docinfla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about either program? competitiveness? I'm an MSIII with solid scores and class rank at a mid-tier med school. I love Chicago, and just wanted to know about these programs and if it would be a good idea to do an away rotation at either. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

docinfla said:
Has anyone heard anything about either program? competitiveness? I'm an MSIII with solid scores and class rank at a mid-tier med school. I love Chicago, and just wanted to know about these programs and if it would be a good idea to do an away rotation at either. Thanks.

both are quite good. NMH has a tougher call schedule than U of Chicago. you'd be fine doing an elective at either institution. if you are into interventional, i would do this at NMH.

Northwestern seems to be a little more competitive in terms of landing an interview. Both are great programs.

What was previously said about the call schedules is true. Northwestern's is definately more intense.