Northwestern vs. UofChicago

Started by docinfla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docinfla

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything about either program? competitiveness? I'm an MSIII with solid scores and class rank at a mid-tier med school. I love Chicago, and just wanted to know about these programs and if it would be a good idea to do an away rotation at either. Thanks.
 
docinfla said:
Has anyone heard anything about either program? competitiveness? I'm an MSIII with solid scores and class rank at a mid-tier med school. I love Chicago, and just wanted to know about these programs and if it would be a good idea to do an away rotation at either. Thanks.

both are quite good. NMH has a tougher call schedule than U of Chicago. you'd be fine doing an elective at either institution. if you are into interventional, i would do this at NMH.
 
Northwestern seems to be a little more competitive in terms of landing an interview. Both are great programs.

What was previously said about the call schedules is true. Northwestern's is definately more intense.