Northwestern vs. Vandy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on these two?

NW - amazing facilities, really cool and down to earth residents, really nice PD but damn the winters are long and cold

Vandy - smaller facilities, better weather but seems like Nashville could start to feel small after a while.
 
got the feeling vandy is a program on the rise. they seem to be making a lot of investments and bringing in new people. i ended up ranking it a lot higher than I thought I would. I was a little worried Nashville would be homogenous, but I was pleasantly surprised by its variety of things to do.

Didn't interview at NW so can't comment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have information on where vandy grads go? I think I walked away with a random bag from them but have no folder with info. Not sure if I misplaced it or if it didn't exist.
 
LOL that bag! I remember them saying they don't actively recruit fellows so if a resident wants a fellowship there its theirs. If they want to do fellowship elsewhere a lot of them went to NW, the Boston hospitals, UCSF, etc. All over the place but def good programs.