Northwestern vs. Vandy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Radiologyreviews2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these two?

NW - amazing facilities, really cool and down to earth residents, really nice PD but damn the winters are long and cold

Vandy - smaller facilities, better weather but seems like Nashville could start to feel small after a while.

Members don't see this ad.

got the feeling vandy is a program on the rise. they seem to be making a lot of investments and bringing in new people. i ended up ranking it a lot higher than I thought I would. I was a little worried Nashville would be homogenous, but I was pleasantly surprised by its variety of things to do.

Didn't interview at NW so can't comment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have information on where vandy grads go? I think I walked away with a random bag from them but have no folder with info. Not sure if I misplaced it or if it didn't exist.

LOL that bag! I remember them saying they don't actively recruit fellows so if a resident wants a fellowship there its theirs. If they want to do fellowship elsewhere a lot of them went to NW, the Boston hospitals, UCSF, etc. All over the place but def good programs.

Thanks for the reply. I probably should have taken some better notes.