Northwestern w/Aug MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nochaser

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After viewing the August MCATer's w/interviews thread, I noticed Northwestern's not on the list yet. Has anyone gotten an interview with them that took the August test, esp. those w/o previous scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey nochaser,

I am an Aug MCATer and I have not heard back from NW yet. I mailed the secondary at the last possible date. I don't know if I should be concerned, but it seems they are behind and will be interviewing for a while yet.

I'm an August MCATer also... For some reason, NUMS made me complete my secondary AND my rec letters by the FIRST week of September, even though they didn't have my scores. (Sept. 6, to be exact.)

I have yet to hear from them in terms of interviews.

I called them yesterday and the woman said that they will be sending out interview invites through the end of February.

But then again, sometimes that kind of info is suspect only because there is so much going on in those offices and the person may have old information.

I know when I dropped by NUMS to give them an update packet, I saw tons of those interview orientation folders lying neatly on chairs in their lounge, waiting for interviewees to pick them up. So I felt a little left out!

Speaking of faulty information: I just got a letter from WashU saying that despite what an AdCom member told us during our interview orientation, WashU will NOT be getting back to interviewees until several months later--meaning, don't hold your breath until 15 April.

So I never know whether info I'm getting is good or bad... This is, of course, through no fault of anyone in particular. Just the process, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern is not behind. I interviewed there on Jan 4th, and the dean told us that allthough it takes a lot more work now, they are at the sam eplace they were last year.

Actually, when I was there on Dec. 18, the assistant dean said that they were about 2 months behind schedule, but maybe they worked overtime during the holidays... ;)

i sent my secondary back in nov, but still have yet to hear anything.

Jalbrekt, did you take MCAT in AUG for the first time?