Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

northwestern

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by medboy1977, Mar 26, 2004.

1. medboy1977

medboy1977 New Member

anyone else going to northwestern? i'll be there for all four years....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Good for you! You'll get good training; just don't let them get you down.

4. ND Gas

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'll be joining ya at NW - but only for three years. Lookin' forward to it.

5. apma77

apma77 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

good luck at northwestern...few years ago its an infamous anesthetist there was screwing a nurse while they were paging him, there for the $35 million dollar lawsuit that resulted as the incident resulted in a mentally ******ed child being deleivered due to hypoxia

what a great tradition this place has

6. beezar

beezar Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As always, there are 2 sides to the story... if you do a search on this board for this story (can't remember where) there is a discussion on this case--and a link which suggests the OB was to blame rather than the attending anesthesiologist... basically suggests the OB was trying to push blame onto the anesthesiologist rather than taking responsibility for his/her own actions.

7. VentdependenT

VentdependenT You didnt build thaT
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Cheap shot and a gay post. NW will train you well.

8. chicubs

chicubs Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pathetic. Is there a hint of jealousy in that post? I mean, c'mon. Is it in your personality to try to take others down? It's unfair to make a judgment about an entire department based upon what a single person did or did not do, and then try to bring down those who matched there only a week ago with a comment that shows all the professionalism of Bobby Knight. Show a little maturity; you are a physician after all.

(and no, I'm not going to NW)

9. cop2doc

cop2doc Junior Member

I rotated at NWU anesthesia as a student and know attendings who graduated from the program. It is an excellent program, a great hospital, great regional, and their graduates are highly sought after. I would not have hesitated ranking them #1 had I wanted to stay in Chicago. Congrats to all that macthed there.

10. nadeem

nadeem Member
    7+ Year Member

I also rotated at NWU for my Anesthesiology rotation last year. I found the program to be very "hands on" and i learnt quite a bit from the anesthesiologists. Very friendly faculty and clinical staff. It is an excellent program, one of my buddies is an intern and is happy there. I also know of 3 other residents who are very happy and feel they made the right decision going there.

Ahmed MS-4 CCOM
    PGY-1 MWU-CCOM EM

11. sillyputtyglue

sillyputtyglue Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

As your future CA-3, I want to send a sincere welcome, as far as the lawsuit goes, details of the matter are severely distorted and the blame for the situation go all around, unfortunately the attending was easy to blame (rightfully so) for being in a compromising situation in a horrible outcome. You'll definitely get lots of hands on experience quickly and grow very confident in your skills. Plus, if you've seen some of the nurses over at the women's hospital you would love to be involved in some extracurriculars in your free time! :laugh: