Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

shamthis

The windy city's flagship medical school received my primary July 31, 2002, but I still have not received Northwestern's secondary. I don't know why. While most schools continue to check and recheck my application (I notice the 'transmit' dates continuously update), my NW stuff is static. Should I prepare for the worst?

I expect a secondary. I am not a stellar candidate, but I graduated from Cornell with a 3.5 and I scored a 30R. If this is not good enough for a closer look, then...eeek.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Northwester screens. I submitted in Late June, and people who submitted around then JUST got the secondaries. I got mind 4 days ago.
It might just take a little longer then you'd hope for, anyhow, good luck! NU is an awesome school and I'd love to go there!

Hey Shamthis,

It takes awhile to screen. I just received my Northwestern secondary via snail mail and I submitted way back in June with pretty good stats. good luck!

- Focus

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the insight! I look forward to working with NU. Good name, good location.

I just wanted to also say that never give up hope on NUMS. They are notoriously slow in everything they do. I submitted my secondary in September but I didn't get an invite to interview til February! Then after being on the waitlist all summer I just got a call this last week that I was in. Just keep the faith with them.

moo, that is VERY encouraging!

thanks@

I've downloaded the Northwestern secondary and I have a question regarding their essays. On the applcation, the first two essays say to write approximately 400 words, while the third essay they say to write approximately 300 words. I noticed that when you place the cursor within the area for the first essay, a notice appears at the bottom of the screen that says: "Maximum - 300 words!!!". For the second essay, the same notice says "Maximum - 400 words!!!". For the third essay it says "Maximum - 400 words!!!"

So how long should these essays be? Anybody else notice this inconsistency?

Mind posting those essay questions

Here they are...

1. Develop a profile of a "good" physician. Choose descriptive attitudes and behaviors you think a physician should possess. How closely do you fit the profile?

2. What processes have you used to explore your commitment to a career in medicine? Describe in detail your evolution of thought and discovery experiences that led to you decision. Be specific.

3. Why do you want to attend Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine? What contributions will you make to the Feinberg School?

Man those are worse than Duke... guess its all part of the "process"

Man those are worse than Duke...
no way longhorn! ;) me and duke are sitting down for a while tommorow ... i think their 2 weeks are coming up close (though i doubt they care about that).

congrats, moo!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
(math rules!!!)