Nose piercing and medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brc007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think having a small hole in my nose would be a big deal during rotations/ interviews for residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless they can see into your nasal passages from a normal person distance I doubt anyone will even notice.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think having a small hole in my nose would be a big deal during rotations/ interviews for residency?
It will be a big deal to a small amount of people. Even a small one. Whether you are willing to maybe lose an acceptance or bother and attending/patient occasionally is up to you.

Do a risk/reward assessment

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't wear mine (a small stud in my nostril) for the first few months of school, then after seeing residents and attendings with piercings and small tattoos, I put it back in. No one has said a word. And I have a visible foot tattoo that technically isn't allowed in the hospital, but no one says a word when I wear a dress with flats and its totally visible. Present yourself professionally (clothing, demeanor, confidence) and you'll never give anyone pause.

Reactions: 1 user