Nostalgic Post

Started by Rogue42
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I literally would not be a doctor today if not for SDN. I found this site while trying to Google how to become a physician assistant on a Pentium 3 back in 2004. I didn't realize anyone could become a doctor, it was just something so alien to me with my working class upbringing. I went on to do a few things with my life but would always think, well... What about medical school. I had no advisor, and cobbled together my own study course and postbacc using what I learned from SDN, and here I am today, not far from being a board certified attending. My first paycheck is going to have a lifetime donor to SDN payment made from it. I owe this site far more than my alma mater, it changed my life profoundly

SDN is my alma mater
 
I remember when likes on sdn weren’t even a thing lol. A lot of my advice came from mimelim who was always really blunt and nicknaylor with his Drake profile pic that made him seem like an authority figure, which he kind of was in the pre-allo forum at the time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember when likes on sdn weren’t even a thing lol. A lot of my advice came from mimelim who was always really blunt and nicknaylor with his Drake profile pic that made him seem like an authority figure, which he kind of was in the pre-allo forum at the time.
@NickNaylor and @mimelim are SDN legends hands down.
 
Wow it has been a while since I have been in this forum. Seems so long ago when I was asking Goro for advice on applying to schools. @Goro you are truly a blessing to have on this forum. And so many names I haven’t even thought about for so long.. Ibn, Madjack, cabinbuilder, hallowman. Hope you are all doing well. I am about to finish EM residency. Seems like it has flown by. Crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sure miss mimelim, Law2Doc, SouthernSurgeon, DRMidwife, my pal HomeSkool, and even sb247. The guy's politics stunk, but he was spot on for medical education and personal responsibility.
He deleted his account. Probably for the best after what he said about giving up his sick kids instead of accepting aid from the government lol. That dude was hilarious and upsetting.
Noticed sb247 had been missing for a minute; just now re-read this thread and saw this.

Hopped over to the anesthesia forum, and oh my god, what an absolute cluster.
 
I remember when likes on sdn weren’t even a thing lol. A lot of my advice came from mimelim who was always really blunt and nicknaylor with his Drake profile pic that made him seem like an authority figure, which he kind of was in the pre-allo forum at the time.

@NickNaylor and @mimelim are SDN legends hands down.

I sure miss mimelim, Law2Doc, SouthernSurgeon, DRMidwife, my pal HomeSkool, and even sb247. The guy's politics stunk, but he was spot on for medical education and personal responsibility.

:hello:

Life got a tad busy. Will probably do an AMA for my 10 year SDN anniversary in September and fade away again 😉
 
Hi all, I was DoctorofDelight/VinceViegel way back in the day. I was bored at work so I stumbled onto this thread. If anyone remembers me, there's actually a really funny reason why I left SDN and feel free to PM me if you want to know why!
 
Yep, I’ve been around for awhile. I think since 2006. What a journey it’s been through post-bacc program, med school, residency and fellowship. I don’t even remember how I stumbled upon this place before I applied to med school.

I did poorly on the mcat twice (don’t even remember my score, maybe 25?) and failed comlex 1 one time. Yet here I am doing great in a career I love taking really good care of people. Things do get better!
 
You guys know he is still on. He just changed users. You can tell by the writting style.
Ahh. Probably but I wouldn’t be able to tell who. Tbf, my use of sdn has dramatically decreased throughout residency so I don’t recognize a lot of the active newer members. Just the natural progression I guess lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If my my memory serves me, somewhere there is an sdn post with links to the Cole Smalls rescindence thread archived on a different website. For the life of me I'd have no idea how to search for it on here, but I remember reading it again when that person shared the archive and it was a flood of nostalgia.
 
Joined in 1999. Wow. You’re a true veteran.
I like to stop by now and then. SDN definitely helped me maintain my sanity during my time at NYCOM. Back when the school - and the AOA - were still heavily pushing their osteopathic internship and residency programs and really discouraging students from taking the USMLE it was nice to come here for much-needed reality checks. I try to pay it forward when I can.
 
The good old days died when they started banned psai. Other than that shout out to @sylvanthus for always keeping things real. Too bad SB left. That anesthesia thread ruined a lot of good posters lmao.

Speaking of which @BLADEMDA has always made heavily trafficked threads in anesthesia forums. I remember reading it back when gas/pain were making posts about regularly pulling in a mill. Then the commies came I guess 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The good old days died when they started banned psai. Other than that shout out to @sylvanthus for always keeping things real. Too bad SB left. That anesthesia thread ruined a lot of good posters lmao.

Speaking of which @BLADEMDA has always made heavily trafficked threads in anesthesia forums. I remember reading it back when gas/pain were making posts about regularly pulling in a mill. Then the commies came I guess 🤣
I didn’t know Psai got banned. It was also a sad day when MT left. Although never the most elegant way of getting his point across, the information was accurate
 
Oh dang, I really liked that dude. I don't peruse the osteo forums enough to catch who he might be. I also imagine the Anatomygrey12 reincarnation is around somewhere, but not sure who. Anatomygrey if you read this, PM me.
I think grey is gone for real, maybe after intern year.
 
I didn’t know Psai got banned. It was also a sad day when MT left. Although never the most elegant way of getting his point across, the information was accurate

Nah, both were clowns. I was glad to see them go TBH. I got the impression that MT was to the point where it was “leave on your own or be banned” because he continuously tried Doxxing me.