Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Not a single response the first time, please tell me what you think.

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by ChemEng, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ChemEng

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is the second time I'm posting this question

I had a an interview at FSU a few weeks ago and I am now "under consideration". For the most part I thought the interview went alright, although in retrospect I goofed two questions and might not have appeared excited enough. GPA is 3.78 and MCAT is V: 7 P: 11 B: 9. I have quite a few extracurriculars with patient interaction and leadership experience. Also do some research. I think I wrote the secondary application very well. Any one please put in your input on what you think. Its been a little more than a month since the interview and I'm a little on edge because I don't know how many students FSU selects off the "under consideration" list. Thanks everyone.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NPEMTIV

NPEMTIV Accidentally Accepted
    Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm not sure anyone but the ADCOM at FSU could say anything to ease your mind, but in general while no one wants to be "under consideration" you need to look at it from the standpoint of, "at least I wasn't rejected". As long as they are considering you there's a chance you can get in. Your stats look good with the exception of the V7, but I'm not sure of the actual normal acceptance #s for FSU. Even a 7 isn't really bad per se, but I do know for allopathic schools they typically want to see 9+. You might want to research that some to give yourself a a better understanding.

Additionally what I would recommend would be to take a proactive stance on this. Have you, or have you considered, writing the school a letter of intent to help clarify any "goofs" you made or further detail your commitment to that school? If not you might want to do so.

If FSU is like most other medical schools then the number of students taken off a wait list is totally dependent on the number and quality of the applicant pool for any given year.

Hang in there.

4. NoMoreAMCAS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Check out that "florida schools" thread, its on the first page of threads as I type this. I believe it said something like 2/3 of all students interviewed last year were eventually accepted. That's a pretty sweet proportion so i'd say your odds are pretty good.