Not accepted, not rejected, but also not wait-listed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Askota

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off, congratulations to everyone who made it in! All of our hard work paid off finally.

I just have a quick question because I was wondering if anyone had heard of this before? One of the dental schools I applied to didn't send me an email yesterday (December 3rd). My AADSAS status is still "received/under review". So I figured I was wait-listed. However, I called the school and they told me if I didn't get an email saying I was wait-listed, then I'm not and that they're still reviewing my application? Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

(pretty sure I'm just wait-listed right?)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm not wait-listed? Do you know about how long I should expect to wait?
you are not waitlisted, rejected, nor accepted
you could hear from them today, you could hear from them never

Reactions: 1 users
You aren't waitlisted until you're officially waitlisted. You could have radio silence until getting an acceptance in march. It depends on the school. What you can do is send them academic updates and letters of intent (for what they're worth).

So I'm not wait-listed? Do you know about how long I should expect to wait?
I think this is akin to the status of "Continued Review". They will probably review the app once again with the second batch post dec

Hey guys,

First off, congratulations to everyone who made it in! All of our hard work paid off finally.

I just have a quick question because I was wondering if anyone had heard of this before? One of the dental schools I applied to didn't send me an email yesterday (December 3rd). My AADSAS status is still "received/under review". So I figured I was wait-listed. However, I called the school and they told me if I didn't get an email saying I was wait-listed, then I'm not and that they're still reviewing my application? Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

You can be waitlisted to be interviewed, but if you did not have an interview then you still in process of reviewing your application.
Last cycle I applied and varified by early August and I did not hear anything until February. During that time I did not get a single interview. Not trying to say to you anything, simply telling you what happened to me.

would silence be better than waitlisted lol? cause im in that position for one of my schools where ik they sent out acceptances already but ive heard nothing from them at all

would silence be better than waitlisted lol? cause im in that position for one of my schools where ik they sent out acceptances already but ive heard nothing from them at all
Yes, that was my next question. Is it better to be wait-listed or hear nothing?

Silence post interview is better than a waitlist at this point. A waitlist means they're considering others before you while silence means you're still a contender.

Hey guys,

Which part of the school's response was ambiguous?
The school's response confused me because I didn't know that there was an in-between option. I thought you either got accepted, rejected, or wait-listed. Glad you felt the need to comment for that though...

The school's response confused me because I didn't know that there was an in-between option. I thought you either got accepted, rejected, or wait-listed. Glad you felt the need to comment for that though...

you are continuing review, just as they stated
you can be accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or remain under review on dec 3 if you have already interviewed

you are continuing review, just as they stated
you can be accepted, rejected, waitlisted, or remain under review on dec 3 if you have already interviewed
Yes I am aware of that now. It's just previously I wasn't. Like I said.

Hey guys,

Which school is this for? (Just curious because I'm in a similar situation and it's with Western).

I feel that if that if you haven't been waitlisted or rejected, that's a positive thing (especially since they told you they are still reviewing your application after your interview, which tells me they are considering you for acceptance).

Reactions: 1 users