1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Not bad, but how good?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Wardens, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Wardens

Wardens Long arm of the law
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Alright, so I got a 9V-10p-10b R after getting 30+ in my last three practice tests including a 11s on AAMC IV. Now I think the rest of my app is pretty solid. I have a 3.83 science gpa (3.77 overall) and a heck of a lot of volunteer, leadership, and athletic ecs. Of course my pre-med advisor buttered me up with a list of all top ten schools to apply to before I took the mcats. I had to make a list of schools before I went abroad for the year. (I'm in england now). Is it still possible to get into any of those schools with an mcat like this, should I retake, or should I just suck it up and change around my whole preconceived future? On a sidenote though, what a rush for the twenty minutes after the scores went up. .. that was great. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wardens

Wardens Long arm of the law
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I dunno, am I sounding too ambitious or something? Maybe I should be asking what kind of odds I'll have of just getting into medical school period. Any thoughts . .. anyone?

4. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wardens,

With your scores (very respectable) getting into a top 10 is probably not likely, considering they usually have avg 33-36. But, you never know what can happen. I would suggest applying to a couple top tens, if that's what you really want, but do not bet the farm on getting in to one. Make sure you apply to a broad range of schools to ensure you get that all important acceptance. With your numbers I think you're gonna find many schools interested in meeting you. Good luck