Not bad, but how good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wardens

Long arm of the law
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I got a 9V-10p-10b R after getting 30+ in my last three practice tests including a 11s on AAMC IV. Now I think the rest of my app is pretty solid. I have a 3.83 science gpa (3.77 overall) and a heck of a lot of volunteer, leadership, and athletic ecs. Of course my pre-med advisor buttered me up with a list of all top ten schools to apply to before I took the mcats. I had to make a list of schools before I went abroad for the year. (I'm in england now). Is it still possible to get into any of those schools with an mcat like this, should I retake, or should I just suck it up and change around my whole preconceived future? On a sidenote though, what a rush for the twenty minutes after the scores went up. .. that was great. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, am I sounding too ambitious or something? Maybe I should be asking what kind of odds I'll have of just getting into medical school period. Any thoughts . .. anyone?

Wardens,

With your scores (very respectable) getting into a top 10 is probably not likely, considering they usually have avg 33-36. But, you never know what can happen. I would suggest applying to a couple top tens, if that's what you really want, but do not bet the farm on getting in to one. Make sure you apply to a broad range of schools to ensure you get that all important acceptance. With your numbers I think you're gonna find many schools interested in meeting you. Good luck