not doing secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad is it not to do secondaries that have been sent to you? The secondaries were sent to me before they saw my DAt scores. I know that I am waaay below average and kinda think that it may be a waste of time and money for me to do them. In this case, do I withdraw my application and if so, how do I do that? Does anyone know if they will give me a hard time about this if I reapply for the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

dds2010 said:
How bad is it not to do secondaries that have been sent to you? The secondaries were sent to me before they saw my DAt scores. I know that I am waaay below average and kinda think that it may be a waste of time and money for me to do them. In this case, do I withdraw my application and if so, how do I do that? Does anyone know if they will give me a hard time about this if I reapply for the next cycle?

hello? someone..please reply!

dds2010 said:
hello? someone..please reply!

First of all, if you give up already then you will have to change your screen name to dds2011.

I checked your previous posts.....you may be correct in thinking that you will not gain an acceptance this time around. But I bet that you might snag an interview depending on were you have applied. I had a very low DAT and still got an interview last year......so I didn't need to re-interview this year. Just a thought......trust your own judgement.

Members don't see this ad :)
dds2010 said:

If you feel your DAT scores are not competitive, then don't send in secondaries, save your money. Its abit late in the cycle anyhow.

If you wish to withdraw your application then just email an admissions officer or call them stating why you are withdrawing.

Make sure you tell them, "Dear XXXX, I got so and so on the DAT, and I do not feel that these scores represent my academic abilities. Therefore I plan to retake the DAT. At this time I would like to withdraw my application, improve my scores, and re-apply the next cycle. I am very interested in attending XXXX, and I want to prove to your admissions committee that I am deserving. Thank you."

If you state it clearly like this, they will understand and have respect for you. Now go study for the DAT, improve your GPA, get more dental exp, and apply early.

briansle said:
If you feel your DAT scores are not competitive, then don't send in secondaries, save your money. Its abit late in the cycle anyhow.

If you wish to withdraw your application then just email an admissions officer or call them stating why you are withdrawing.

Make sure you tell them, "Dear XXXX, I got so and so on the DAT, and I do not feel that these scores represent my academic abilities. Therefore I plan to retake the DAT. At this time I would like to withdraw my application, improve my scores, and re-apply the next cycle. I am very interested in attending XXXX, and I want to prove to your admissions committee that I am deserving. Thank you."

If you state it clearly like this, they will understand and have respect for you. Now go study for the DAT, improve your GPA, get more dental exp, and apply early.

Awesome!!! Thank you!