Not everyone is perfect...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's my finals week. I have 1 exam down, one take-home exam to do tonight, and two exams to take Wednesday. I am thinking that I'm not going to pass MedChem this quarter. It's been a hell of a quarter, with my divorce finalizing, me being depressed and unable to concentrate, my mother trying to hover over me while acting like a fruitcake, etc. This quarter is traditionally considered the hardest academic quarter at UW. Frankly, my goal is to get enough credit to maintain financial aid. I know that I will be on academic probation after this quarter, but I am not worried about getting kicked out because of the mitigating factors.

So, I am officially coming out of the closet to say that I have been an example of academic crapulence this quarter. I think more of us need to confess to our crapulence so that those of use who are crapulent feel not so crappy about it. I talked to one of my classmates about it and she said, "Wow. I'm glad to hear that. Not that I'm glad you are struggling or anything, but It feels good to know that I'm not alone."

For all the people who are having a hard time in school, I'm with you. Keep your chin up, move forward, and get as much out of it as you can. Remember that school comes before work and extracurriculars, that you should always ask for mental or academic help when you need it, and that there are plenty of people out there who support you whether they have been in your situation or not.

Next quarter is a new beginning. Here's to new beginnings and to accepting yourself for who you are.

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I have the same problems that you do but....

Pharmacology and me fall semester of last year.... yeah barely scraped by.... (and i do mean barely i'm not one of these people who exaggerates about this stuff)

so you are definitely not alone.

I'm sorry to hear about your tough semester. I went through a lot of family tragedies when I was an undergraduate so I can relate to your situation. It's not easy but you have a great attitude and I'm sure your perseverence will pay off! Sometimes it's not what we achieve in life that makes us the most proud, but the obstacles we had to overcome to achieve them. Keep your chin up and hang in there!

Stephie

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing is easy in life...if you want to succeed just keep working on it...its my finals week too so i'll be working like a dog as well...all we have to do is do our best and let lady luck do the rest..... :smuggrin:

It's good to be out of school... after work and when I'm home.. there aint no homework, exam, or papers to worry about.. :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

DocDuc said:
nothing is easy in life...if you want to succeed just keep working on it...its my finals week too so i'll be working like a dog as well...all we have to do is do our best and let lady luck do the rest..... :smuggrin:

DocDuc.. what's that online home medical supply? interesting...

Besides being a pharmacist, I own a DME co... not online though..