Not finishing sections and doing well??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michmaki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of people that did not finish sections completely and still ended doing decent on that portion? I ask because I did not finish the Physical Sciences completely, although I'm glad that was the section that I didn't finish completely because it seems as though everyone had an issue with it(I had form BN)!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!!

I have the same problem!! I left out (wrote B straight down) 17 questions in physics, 15 questions in verbal, and 9 questions in bio! Actually, believe it or not, this is actually the fastest I have ever done! On the practices I was leaving out 20 questions on both bio and physics! I got a 10 on verbal once after leaving out 15 questions, and I got a 10 on bio after leaving out 20 questions once. Usually I end up with an 8 or a 9 though... It all depends on how lucky the letter u choose is! Once I left out 20 questions on physics and there was only one B! I ended up with an 8...
But I'm sure ur problem is not nearly as extreme as mine! Even if u left out 15 questions, and only 3 of them are ur "lucky" letter, u still can get a 12. So I wouldn't worry about it too much... The fact that u did the test a little slower than usual just means that u spent more time on each question, thought it through better, and probably got more right. I'm sure u'll do fine!
I'm just praying that B was REALLY lucky!!

Best of luck,

Daffy :>

I had form BN also and didn't completely finish PS. I had 5 questions that I didn't have a chance to even glance at. I figure, though, that it may have been worth the extra time, spread out over the other passages, to be certain about the answers. The first time I took the MCAT, I didn't finish probably 15 questions and ended up with a 10. I was pissed that I would have done lots better had I finished, but then I though that I might have missed others I spent time on.

In that regard, I didn't mind not finishing too much....

The first time I took it I didn't finish 1 passage on PS and missed the last stand-alone questions and ended up getting a 9. The 2nd time I took it I had time left over and only improved slightly. It all depends on how you did on other sections. Even though it seems like everyone had a hard time with PS, there will still be people that do very well on it, so don't just believe that since everyone felt bad about it that it means that you will do well, it's all standardized anyway.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW...either you guys are lying or just plain sh*tting me but either way I think are all pretty lucky and that just gives those of us who bubbled in randomly hope...:clap: :clap:

something i came up with on my own... i usually get through the tests on time... but my prob is that i have never had any organ chem, and only one bio class, so im screwed on it. i found that the 4 question choices are normally pretty close to being even (even numbers of them) through the test, so if you get done, go back and count them up, if you had like 25 B's 20 As 20 Cs and 12 Ds then you know you messed up, so go back and look at all the questions that you marked B that you guessed on, and change those to D's so it comes closer to evening out... that noramlly actually helps a lot...

just one of the many strategies by "christian-jedi"

have a great day.

Originally posted by DO_messenger
something i came up with on my own... i usually get through the tests on time... but my prob is that i have never had any organ chem, and only one bio class, so im screwed on it. i found that the 4 question choices are normally pretty close to being even (even numbers of them) through the test, so if you get done, go back and count them up, if you had like 25 B's 20 As 20 Cs and 12 Ds then you know you messed up, so go back and look at all the questions that you marked B that you guessed on, and change those to D's so it comes closer to evening out... that noramlly actually helps a lot...

have a great day.

appreciate your opinion and hate to be harsh, but this has to be the worst advice i've ever heard (unless you were joking). if anyone ever changes their answers to get a more even distribution of choices, i'll personally slap them. when taking this test, that is the LAST thing you should be thinking about.

lmao.... i second that slap... that sounds like the most stupidest thing anyone could ever do! i hope he was joking...

on one of the aamc tests i took for practice (IV?), i got 5 A's in a row and i was convinced that had to be somehow wrong... but i left the answers as they were, and it turned out they were all A's... so don't ever change your answers if you feel like there are too many of one letter or something... aamc testmakers are biatches that way +pissed+

Originally posted by DO_messenger

have a great day.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by deez4life
on one of the aamc tests i took for practice (IV?), i got 5 A's in a row and i was convinced that had to be somehow wrong... but i left the answers as they were, and it turned out they were all A's... so don't ever change your answers if you feel like there are too many of one letter or something... aamc testmakers are biatches that way +pissed+

There was a section in the mcat where I bubbled in all D's and I was like "uhmm...WTF?" but I felt them that way because those were the reasonable answers I chose after eliminating the wack choices.

I, too, had a section of the MCAT where I marked 5 or 6 questions in a row with D.... interesting.

Yeah, in the biological I had a chunk of like 5 D's in a row. I thought I had probably gone astray but was feeling unusually apathetic at the time...so I didn't dwell on it further.