Not going to Tulane, Let me Know, I'm waiting to get in!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastjoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to get into Tulane off the waitlist. I know it's May 21 and most students have made their decision on schools. Did anyone decided not to go to Tulane in favor of somewhere else? If so, please post and let me know so i feel like i might have a chance of getting in off the waitlist. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried talking to Dean Pisano yet?

I talked to him a month ago. I sent an e-mail at the beginning of May. Do you think it would be wise to talk to him again?

Members don't see this ad :)
What did he suggest you do? If he was dismissive, then maybe you shouldn't push your luck. But if he sounded optimistic, perhaps you should remind him of your interest in Tulane. What do you think, based on your last conversation with him, of your chances? Was he positive?

He basically told me that i had a shot and that most of the waitlist movement happens around now. SO just stay tuned and see what happens. I think his exact words were, "Your by no means out of it at this point."

If I were you, I would probably send Dean Pisano another email-like a friendly reminder--that you are still really interested in Tulane and why. I think the "why" part is critical. Also, if you have collateral (meaning, other offers) perhaps you should mention those too. I was told by a Tulane 4th year that it looks better and more convincing when you have other acceptances---so you do really want *Tulane*, and not just any med school. That's my best advice--hopefully it will work out for you soon!

good luck!

I was accepted to other osteopathic schools and waitlisted to another allopathic school. Do you think I should mention either of these or just stick to the,"Why I want Tulane?" Thanks for all your help. :cool:

uh--I'm no expert here, but I don't see how it would hurt to smash both those points into an email. Again--I'm not an expert. I can't guarantee anything! but I seriously think a sincere email could only help your case.

good luck!

fastjoe,
Hang in there...it seems like they give students two weeks to make a decision about their acceptance. I, and a few others, got in on May 7th...which means we had to decide by May 21st. I'm going for sure, but maybe someone else said NO and you will hear this week...remember it's a two week cycle!
Good luck and hopefully I'll see you in New Orleans this summer. Orientation starts August 10th. :D :cool:

I'm really just trying to keep this thread going. Please post if anyone decides to withdraw from Tulane. Thank you.

Spacecadet, I hope to get a chance to see you at orientation!

Anyone decide not to go to Tulane this week?

Senor fastjoe, you will be happy to know that I am planning to give up my spot at Tulane in the next few days as I have received an offer from UNC that I cannot refuse. I hope this helps your cause.
:) :( :oops: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: ;)

hey 'joe, i'm withdrawing from tulane's waitlist today. sorry, that's not as good as declining an acceptance, but it's the best i can do. g.l.!

yigit you must have nailed the interview! The schools are loving you!!

Yeah, I was 6 for 6 on my interviews. Too bad I didn't have any interviews until late February and March and then no acceptances till May so I spent my whole year freaking out thinking that I wasnt going to get in anywhere. I wish I could have known then what I know now and maybe I could have enjoyed myself a little more this past year. Do I sound like I'm complaining? I better shutup cause I'm extremely happy about the way this all came together.
:eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Fastjoe,
I gave up Tulane today. I hope you get in...everyone deserves their first choice.

Spacecadet,

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. Congrats. Getting your first choice must feel unbelievible. Good luck at school.

joe

Cadet, where are you going? Was it Yale or BU or am I totally wrong? Just curious.

I'm off to Yale. It is my first choice! Where you headed yigit? It is UNC?