Not having physics by the time I apply, bad?

Started by serpant55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

serpant55

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll have everything else except for the 8 credits of physics when my app is submitted and microbiology (not offered a lot so thats why). I know it's one of the imp sciences, somewhat, but will I be at a huge disadv compared to the rest of the applicants? I want to believe 'no' but this is eating me alive. Freakin physics >:( I have a good GPA otherwise?
 
Woohoo. Thanks. Plus I mean, physics is rarely used in pharmacy right? Well regardless, thanks a lot =)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ValeUC said:
Not unless you need to calculate how far a 500mg pill fell from a 2 meter high bench, with an initial velocity of 1.2m/s. I HATE PHYSICS.
Oh man, I feel you. say it loud and clear >:(
 
I think it is your disadvantage because they will wonder if you have enough time to finish them before the school start. There are many cases when accepted students could not complete pre-requisite courses before the school start. The problem is you need to finish physic 1 before you can have physic 2, and sometimes schools do not even offer physic in the summer. Just make sure you can finish them soon.
 
I'd suggest you should apply since it wouldn't hurt. But I was told by a school adviser that they would only accept students if they had only one science class left to do over summer. However, that school only needed a semester of physics instead of two like yours.

Also, make sure that your school even allows prereqs to be taken the summer before matriculation. There are some schools that only allow up to Spring.