Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Not having physics by the time I apply, bad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by serpant55, Dec 15, 2008.

1. serpant55

2+ Year Member

I'll have everything else except for the 8 credits of physics when my app is submitted and microbiology (not offered a lot so thats why). I know it's one of the imp sciences, somewhat, but will I be at a huge disadv compared to the rest of the applicants? I want to believe 'no' but this is eating me alive. Freakin physics >:( I have a good GPA otherwise?

2. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    It shouldn't make a huge difference. I don't have A&P but I was accepted anyways. I just have to take it during the summer.

3. serpant55

2+ Year Member

Woohoo. Thanks. Plus I mean, physics is rarely used in pharmacy right? Well regardless, thanks a lot =)

4. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD

Pharmacist
    Not unless you need to calculate how far a 500mg pill fell from a 2 meter high bench, with an initial velocity of 1.2m/s. I HATE PHYSICS.

5. Electrode

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hahaha:laugh: ... I concur.

6. serpant55

2+ Year Member

Oh man, I feel you. say it loud and clear >:(

7. WhiteSnows

WhiteSnows Think Right and Grow Rich

Pharmacist
    I think it is your disadvantage because they will wonder if you have enough time to finish them before the school start. There are many cases when accepted students could not complete pre-requisite courses before the school start. The problem is you need to finish physic 1 before you can have physic 2, and sometimes schools do not even offer physic in the summer. Just make sure you can finish them soon.

8. inquirer89

5+ Year Member

I'd suggest you should apply since it wouldn't hurt. But I was told by a school adviser that they would only accept students if they had only one science class left to do over summer. However, that school only needed a semester of physics instead of two like yours.

Also, make sure that your school even allows prereqs to be taken the summer before matriculation. There are some schools that only allow up to Spring.