Not hearing back after interview offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

w00tz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this has happened to me twice already. Program sends me an invite I respond, and then I don't hear back. I email them a couple days later and still no response. This happen to anyone else?

-I replied within a day, should I be reply within the hour?
-Are they retracting the offer?
-Are spots filled up that quickly?
-I don't think my email is offensive, although it is short and to the point. Does it need to be more flower-y?
-What is going on???

Members don't see this ad.

So this has happened to me twice already. Program sends me an invite I respond, and then I don't hear back. I email them a couple days later and still no response. This happen to anyone else?

-I replied within a day, should I be reply within the hour?
-Are they retracting the offer?
-Are spots filled up that quickly?
-I don't think my email is offensive, although it is short and to the point. Does it need to be more flower-y?
-What is going on???

Some programs can be slow in responding, since they get flooded with responses. If it's only been a few days, don't worry about it. Send them a nice email about a week after to check on your status.

Also, go on the SDN board for whatever the specialty is and look at the interview invite thread. See if other people who got interview invites from that school/department have gotten a response yet.

Yea the same thing happened to me too. The first thing i did was PM another SDN user who told me they got a response right away. So I sent a second email. After no response for about a week I finally called the office and left a message. The following week they finally emailed me back saying they found my email. It was probably in the spam box. My first two choices had already filled up by that time -_-

So yea, I would try calling the office if you haven't heard back and other people have.

This has happened twice with me. The first time, it took 8 days to hear back, and I got my third choice. I vowed at that point to call for future offers.

Then I got another one, and they didn't give me a phone number, so I HAD to e-mail. I got the invite 3 days ago, and still no confirmation. But they did send something 'correcting' some information they had 'sent out earlier', but which I never received, so I responded to that one as well, and still haven't heard anything.