Not much has been posted about 2 programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

la gringa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i really liked GW and Boston Medical, which will be in my top 3 with Emory. while a lot has been posted about Emory, GW and BMC aren't brought up as much. any one out have any input for me???

things that matter to me: singles social scene, diverse patient population, variety of opportunities post-residency (looking more and more like at least quasi-academics for me), availability of outdoor activities within 2-3 hrs, diversity of city, residents like to go out and such, and i hate to commute

things that do not matter: family life (single w/ no kids), coosh-ness of program, and $$$ is relatively less impt since i am single w/ no non-educational debt

family/friends are mostly in NC/mid-atlantic area

any thoughts esp on GW would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

AMBinNC said:
i really liked GW and Boston Medical, which will be in my top 3 with Emory. while a lot has been posted about Emory, GW and BMC aren't brought up as much. any one out have any input for me???

things that matter to me: singles social scene, diverse patient population, variety of opportunities post-residency (looking more and more like at least quasi-academics for me), availability of outdoor activities within 2-3 hrs, diversity of city, residents like to go out and such, and i hate to commute

things that do not matter: family life (single w/ no kids), coosh-ness of program, and $$$ is relatively less impt since i am single w/ no non-educational debt

family/friends are mostly in NC/mid-atlantic area

any thoughts esp on GW would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

I interviewed at both. I think they are both outstanding programs. GWU has some real strengths in disaster, international, and public policy (hey, it's in freakin' DC after all). BMC also struck me as outstanding with great patient pop, strong social work support, and a great reputation.

I would be very happy at either and will definitely rank both.

Speaking of rarely posted about programs...does anyone know much about the East Carolina program?

my major concern w/ boston is living there... being a native southerner and not used to the cold and snow accumulation!!!

i think i would be happy at any of the 3, but damn i have to rank them!!!! i have no idea how as of yet, and i'm leaving for a weekend in corcovado ntl park (costa rica) on friday afternoon. ugh.