"Not Participating" in ERAS 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrimsonMirage

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I checked out participating dermatology programs on this website:
https://services.aamc.org/eras/erasstats/par/display8.cfm?NAV_ROW=PAR&SPEC_CD=080

I was surprised to see that 10 programs were "Not Participating" this year. I know that some of these (like Buffalo) withdrew accreditation. But what about the others? Are they doing paper applications or are their programs not accepting new students this upcoming year? I would really like to clarify this. Thanks!

Not Participating Programs:
U of Arizona - Tucson
Naval Medical Center - San Diego
George Washington U
National Capital Consortium Program
U Kansas
Johns Hopkins U
SUNY Brooklyn
U Buffalo
Drexel
San Antonio Uniformed Services

Members don't see this ad.

NMC San Diego, National Capital Consortium (in Bethesda, MD), and San Antonio (SAUSEC) are MILITARY Derm residency programs. The military has it's own separate application system outside of ERAS. You can only apply to these MILITARY Derm residencies if you are an Active Duty military physician, a med student attending the US military med school (called Uniformed Services University in Bethesda, MD), or a current med student under a military scholarship (HPSP, HSCP).
If you have no military connections, then look elsewhere because your chances of getting in are next to zero.

George Washington closed its program years ago.

U Buffalo is about to close its program. See other threads on this page.

I do not know about the rest.

the other programs may not update there ERAS until later. I suggest you check ERAS later or ask the programs you are interested it.