Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone I started studying for the DAT on June 10th and I started taking Kaplan classes on June 20th. I have all the resources I need and I've been taking to many breaks and cannot get myself in study mode. I was planning on taking my DAT in late August but I am in no shape or form ready. I am thinking about taking it at the end of September or middle of October during the fall semester (I will be a senior). I was thinking the semester would get me in study mode and force me to study more. Plus when I have questions with a problem, I can just go to the learning centers for chem or bio during the semester. Does anyone think taking the DAT during the semester is a good idea or has anyone taken it/studied for the DAT during the school year? Thank you!

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Interesting. You do have another month though. If you're not the type of person who can cram in a few weeks then reschedule but don't give up on yourself just yet. It may be painful but it's possible to super cram. I've only super crammed during the breaks each time I'm taking the DAT because during the semester I want the best chance possible to get a 4 lol

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
Interestingly, I find that I am more efficient and perform better when I have a busy schedule... maybe the same thing will work for you. I'd definitely allot 2-3 hours every weekday and make a chunk of a weekend afternoon available to study for the DAT. And yes, I think getting your mind into "school mode" will also help.

Personally, I'm a nontrad and I worked 10-12 hours a day on weekdays and I STILL found time to study and got a 21 AA.... I'm not the smartest guy on SDN (many regular users WILL attest to that LOL) so I definitely think you should be able to pull it off.

OP
M
Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Interestingly, I find that I am more efficient and perform better when I have a busy schedule... maybe the same thing will work for you. I'd definitely allot 2-3 hours every weekday and make a chunk of a weekend afternoon available to study for the DAT. And yes, I think getting your mind into "school mode" will also help.

Personally, I'm a nontrad and I worked 10-12 hours a day on weekdays and I STILL found time to study and got a 21 AA.... I'm not the smartest guy on SDN (many regular users WILL attest to that LOL) so I definitely think you should be able to pull it off.
2-3 hours everyday and chunk of weekends sounds like a great idea! I Plan on doing only practice problems and practice tests after classes start because I did all the learning this summer. A 21 AA sounds amazing congratulations! I think I am most efficient when i'm busy too lol thank you so much for your response!

OP
M
Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Interesting. You do have another month though. If you're not the type of person who can cram in a few weeks then reschedule but don't give up on yourself just yet. It may be painful but it's possible to super cram. I've only super crammed during the breaks each time I'm taking the DAT because during the semester I want the best chance possible to get a 4 lol

How long did you study for your DAT? Lol I try to get a 4 too but at my school that is not achievable so I feel like it won't make a difference:p.