Not sure about my school's prep course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajk1897

Reaction score
This class will serve to prepare students for the Medical College Admissions Test. Science, psychology, and sociology concepts and MCAT-specific skills and strategies for each section will be discussed and practiced in class. Class time will be spent reviewing relevant content, solving practice passages and questions, and discussing section strategies as a group. Frequent timed practice sections and full-length practice tests are incorporated into the course and will be reviewed in class. Students should also be prepared to spend extensive time practicing with the material outside of class. Additional information regarding applications, personal statements, and letters of recommendation will be provided throughout the duration of the course. All practice material will be provided and is covered in the course fee if enrolling before January 7.

The following practice material is included in the course fee:
Online Practice Questions from The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam
Official MCAT Sample Test
Official MCAT Biology Question Pack, Volume 1
Official MCAT Biology Question Pack, Volume 2
Official MCAT Chemistry Question Pack
Official MCAT Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Question Pack, Volume 1
Official MCAT Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Question Pack, Volume 2
Official MCAT Physics Question Pack
AAMC MCAT Section Bank
AAMC MCAT Practice Exam 1
AAMC MCAT Practice Exam 2
AAMC MCAT Practice Exam 3
AAMC MCAT Practice Exam 4

Is this worth the money for $549?

Members don't see this ad.

Frequent timed practice sections and full-length practice tests are incorporated into the course and will be reviewed in class.

Are the AAMC exams used in the course? That's a big no no...you won't want to touch those till 1 month before your exam, preferably with a 500+ score baseline after content review and prior 3rd party exam practice.

It sounds from the description that is the case. I should also mention that this is all online. I added up what they were including in the course and it came out to around $300 to buy it on my own.

Reactions: 1 user