Not sure of what to do next

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc227

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
med school seems like a journey away, but still it seeems so near. There's so much pressure on pre-meds, and I know I'm not the only one who feels it. I completed my first year of undergrad, but what do I do next? This summer I will be volunteering in a nearby hospital, and hopefully getting a part time job. My first year ended in a 3.68 gpa, not what I expected to get,beause I know I could have done much better. What type of first year does med schools expect you to have? I know that some have done worst and still have gotten into med school. Plus I realize that it's only my first year. Maybe I just need to lighten up, move on and do better next semester. I don't know, maybe I'm just a worry wart who needs some reassurance.
Anyway, this post has no real substance,but I am interested in hearing about others first year college exoeriences.

Thanks for any replies!
:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Just do the best you can the rest of your college career. Get involved in your university somehow, and just do what interests you. Definitely get as much exposure to medicine as you can, and have some in undergrad.

I had a disapointing 3.2 gpa my first year, but if you work hard it will be noticed by adcoms. You're worrying a lot, but i think i worried the most my 1st year too. hang in there, it's worth it.

Good luck