Not sure what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxious.premed27

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering what my chances would be for this current cycle with the following stats?
I'm applying to both MD and DO programs. I have no shadowing with a DO but have shadowed MD and a LOR from an MD
  1. cGPA 3.5, sGPA 3.33
  2. MCAT waiting on July take but averaging 505 on tests
  3. State of residence: Florida
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Hispanic
  5. Undergraduate institution: Nova Southeastern University
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. Internship as medical assistant 5,000 hours
    2. Lab assistant at my university 450 hours
    3. 100 Hours volunteering in local hospital
  7. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. Shadowing: 50 hours shadowing Gastroenterology
    2. shadowing 100 hours in multiple departments (L&D, ER, Med surg)
  8. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Vice president of my sorority
    2. 3,000 hours of paid front office staff (residential hall)
    3. working as an residential assistant this upcoming fall
  9. Relevant honors or awards
    1. A semester of deans list
I'm planing on applying to Florida schools (UCF,USF,FSU,FAU,NSU etc.) and maybe others

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any nonclinical volunteering to those less fortunate than yourself? You need about 200 hours in that area. It’s impossible to chance you or develop a list of schools without your MCAT. Come back here when you get your score. People will be happy to help you!

Reactions: 1 users
You have 10000 hours of clinical experience over the course of 4 years of undergrad? Or are you a nontrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
You have 10000 hours of clinical experience over the course of 4 years of undergrad? Or are you a nontrad?
I meant to type 450 for lab experience! but my internship I've been working at it since graduating high school so I've amassed a good amount of hours

Any nonclinical volunteering to those less fortunate than yourself? You need about 200 hours in that area. It’s impossible to chance you or develop a list of schools without your MCAT. Come back here when you get your score. People will be happy to help you!
I do small volunteering through my sorority but I haven't counted those. And I'll edit once I get my score thanks!