Nov 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm an international student, who was planning to retake the MCAT this summer. I've been scheduling and postponing and rescheduling over and over since May. I have to travel to the US to take the exam, and due to lockdowns in my country, plus the bad covid situation in the US, I've been unable to travel. When I update my AMCAS to remove my planned date, should I also email the schools I've applied to, or will they be automatically notified when I change it?

KnightDoc

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm an international student, who was planning to retake the MCAT this summer. I've been scheduling and postponing and rescheduling over and over since May. I have to travel to the US to take the exam, and due to lockdowns in my country, plus the bad covid situation in the US, I've been unable to travel. When I update my AMCAS to remove my planned date, should I also email the schools I've applied to, or will they be automatically notified when I change it?
There are September dates in many international locations. Why would you have to come to the US to take the exam?

No, schools won't automatically see you are no longer taking the test unless you let them know. I am pretty sure you can change it on AMCAS and schools will receive an update. It will expedite your review, since schools that are holding your app waiting for the new score (some do and some don't) will know not to wait any longer.

About the Ads
Nov 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There are September dates in many international locations. Why would you have to come to the US to take the exam?

No, schools won't automatically see you are no longer taking the test unless you let them know. I am pretty sure you can change it on AMCAS and schools will receive an update. It will expedite your review, since schools that are holding your app waiting for the new score (some do and some don't) will know not to wait any longer.

Thanks. It isn't held in my country (or neighboring countries) at all, and the US is actually closer than any of the other international locations.

KnightDoc

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks. It isn't held in my country (or neighboring countries) at all, and the US is actually closer than any of the other international locations.
Oh man --sorry to hear that. Good luck!!!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.