Not Taking the MCAT Anymore :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioPlum

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an international student, who was planning to retake the MCAT this summer. I've been scheduling and postponing and rescheduling over and over since May. I have to travel to the US to take the exam, and due to lockdowns in my country, plus the bad covid situation in the US, I've been unable to travel. When I update my AMCAS to remove my planned date, should I also email the schools I've applied to, or will they be automatically notified when I change it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an international student, who was planning to retake the MCAT this summer. I've been scheduling and postponing and rescheduling over and over since May. I have to travel to the US to take the exam, and due to lockdowns in my country, plus the bad covid situation in the US, I've been unable to travel. When I update my AMCAS to remove my planned date, should I also email the schools I've applied to, or will they be automatically notified when I change it?
There are September dates in many international locations. Why would you have to come to the US to take the exam?

No, schools won't automatically see you are no longer taking the test unless you let them know. I am pretty sure you can change it on AMCAS and schools will receive an update. It will expedite your review, since schools that are holding your app waiting for the new score (some do and some don't) will know not to wait any longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are September dates in many international locations. Why would you have to come to the US to take the exam?

No, schools won't automatically see you are no longer taking the test unless you let them know. I am pretty sure you can change it on AMCAS and schools will receive an update. It will expedite your review, since schools that are holding your app waiting for the new score (some do and some don't) will know not to wait any longer.

Thanks. It isn't held in my country (or neighboring countries) at all, and the US is actually closer than any of the other international locations.

Thanks. It isn't held in my country (or neighboring countries) at all, and the US is actually closer than any of the other international locations.
Oh man --sorry to hear that. Good luck!!!