note about transmittal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

the amcas lady said that all once verified, all apps will be transmitted on july8th the earliest (with the exception of EDP people). so i guess besides getting your app verified in time, that is the real first date to get your app going.
-jot

Members don't see this ad.

Last year AMCAS transmitted preliminary information about applicants prior to transmitting the entire application. It caused a lot of confusion, because the dates on the application after each med school referred to the date the preliminary info was transmitted and not the whole application. And some schools that got the info didn't have any date noted. Anyway, many people got secondaries based on that preliminary information before their entire application was transmitted. You're verified, right, jot? Do you have dates after your school names?

SMW,
thanks for the heads up - there is a column "Date Transmitted from AMCAS to School" as you said, and there are no dates next to it. good place to check though, thanks - have fun at columbia, maybe if i get lucky i'll be a first year with you :)
-jot