Notes on a Scandal: Texas Waitlist!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiesarah2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.... I thought this would be a good place to post all about waitlists :)

I'm personally waiting on UTSW. But I'm not holding my breath :)

Members don't see this ad.

im assuming swt will pretty significant movement considering that msar quotes like 2.5 times the number of acceptances vs class size..im just going off what i remember here so i may be wrong.

plus lot of those accepted there will also get accepted to baylor and other top OOS schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
That thread title is not at all overly dramatic. ;)

That thread title is not at all overly dramatic. ;)

Well though this silly pre-match/match system worked out for me.... I'd say for a LOT of people it was pretty scandalous :)

waiting for UTSW as well...
we do have some hope right?
:luck:

I LOVE the title!! And I really want to see that movie.

Waitin' on UTSA here.

I don't know if everyone knows, but you can probably email Dr. Kellaway at UTH to find out if you are on the waitlist (a friend did it) and you can call UTSA too (a friend also called them). I haven't heart of anyone with rankings yet though, they just confirm if you're on the list.

any news on UTSW?

it sounds corny but i wanna fast foward my life to mid-march...ergh

it sounds corny but i wanna fast foward my life to mid-march...ergh

Oh my gosh. When I use TiVo too much, I start to want to TiVo through my life like its some kind of tv show. I mean I'll even say darn I wish I could rewind that! Dangit my life has no pause. Seriously I do it. :) So its totally not corny

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh. When I use TiVo too much, I start to want to TiVo through my life like its some kind of tv show. I mean I'll even say darn I wish I could rewind that! Dangit my life has no pause. Seriously I do it. :) So its totally not corny

I thought I was the only one who wishes they had a TIVO button for life. I've wanted to rewind a few experiences and pause a few to go potty. :thumbup:

~~~~

I thought I was the only one who wishes they had a TIVO button for life. I've wanted to rewind a few experiences and pause a few to go potty. :thumbup:

~~~~

A TiVo for life would be amazing. Life as a premed would be great:)

Sunny, are you deferring DCOM to reapply to Texas schools?

lol i'm glad that we are all on the same page

:thumbup:

bump. Because I started this thread and because I believe in the Texas takeover of SDN page 1 :)

Ya I agree with some of the sentiments above. I know I am personally waiting on other schools that I will leave UTSW in a sec for... yall just need to hold on for a sec. I'm sure that there will be ridiculous UTSW movement within the next few months and if not, definitely by May.

I am sending back my TX acceptance this week as well.

I am trying to stay anonymous on these boards so I won't say which school. There is only one school in TX I want to go to over a certain OOS acceptance I have so I will wait on that school or be headed OOS.

Good luck everyone.:thumbup:

Someone posted this on the other Texas thread so I thought I would put it here too :)

Someone may have already have posted something about this.

I just got a waitlist letter from UTMB. The letter is dated feb. 22.
I am 1 0f 200. Hopefully half of those 200 already are holding acceptances at other schools.

This is mostly a bump but I think you can pretty much call anywhere and they'll tell you if you are or are not on the list. Now its just wait wait wait :)

This is mostly a bump but I think you can pretty much call anywhere and they'll tell you if you are or are not on the list. Now its just wait wait wait :)

Oh now it's wait wait wait??? Well what have we all been doing this entire time. Getting into medical school F***ING BLOWS! This process is unnecessarily annoying. I'll tell any of my friends in the future to try to do early decision somewhere. All this waiting is not worth it.

I want to know where the hell Baylor is...

(I know I know - we won't know til March... but I can still complain ;) )
Baylor is in Houston, TX -- In the Texas Medical Center.

(You think I'm being a wise-a$$, but I just gave you more useful information than the Baylor Admissions folks give us.)

Good Luck :luck:

(You think I'm being a wise-a$$, but I just gave you more useful information than the Baylor Admissions folks give us.)

You mean it's not in Waco? Maybe THAT's why they said that they never got my application. I sent one to the hospital in Dallas too, but I guess that didn't do me any good either. Oh well...

:laugh:

Wow that literally just made me crack up out loud... I think my tutoring student thinks I'm nuts :laugh:

Oh my gosh. When I use TiVo too much, I start to want to TiVo through my life like its some kind of tv show.

Sarah, what are you Crazy?!?!? Haven't you seen Adam Sandler's "Click?"

00789.jpg

BAD things happen when you wish you could fast forward through life!!

yeah, a two hour waste of eight dollars.

I'm for sure on TCOM's waitlist, and still haven't heard on way or the other from UTSA. I was told that TCOM's waitlist is small, but haven't been able to find out specifics. Anybody hear anything?

waiting on TAMU. i hope i've made my point that they would fools to not accept me.

Sarah, what are you Crazy?!?!? Haven't you seen Adam Sandler's "Click?"

00789.jpg

BAD things happen when you wish you could fast forward through life!!

Ummmm hello... you know me John... I AM crazy! ;) Why do you think I'm actually waiting on UTSW :)

I'm for sure on TCOM's waitlist, and still haven't heard on way or the other from UTSA. I was told that TCOM's waitlist is small, but haven't been able to find out specifics. Anybody hear anything?

I had a friend that called/emailed (I'm not sure which, I just know she had correspondence with Dr. Jones) and she was told she was not on the waitlist, so I'm sure you could do something to the same effect to find out.

Come on guys lets here some news on anything related to waitlists.

While browsing through UTMB's website I read that 10 to 15 people usually get accepted off their waitlist. Not alot but a decent amount.

I have a bad feeling with the new earlier acceptances this year lots of applicants will opt to not go oos and hold on to their tmdsas acceptance.

Any thoughts on this.

why can't it be march...
i want news...good ones i hope
come on baylor so utsw can accept us! =D

Come on guys lets here some news on anything related to waitlists.

While browsing through UTMB's website I read that 10 to 15 people usually get accepted off their waitlist. Not alot but a decent amount.

I have a bad feeling with the new earlier acceptances this year lots of applicants will opt to not go oos and hold on to their tmdsas acceptance.

Any thoughts on this.

i agree

anyone know if UTSA's waitlist is ranked? Or if we could call to find out where we are on it?
I guess I should just call myself.. I'll go get on that

Ok, so in case anyone wants to know...

The alternate list at UTSA is not ranked---every time a spot opens up they go back and review the pool (or so they claim).
There are 60-100 people on the list.
Last year about 10 were pulled off it, the year before >15.

Hope that gives anyone waiting like me an idea of their chances!!
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

posted this on the other thread as well...

Got my utmb WL letter (1 of 200 on WL for a 225 person class ).

Called a&m, WL won't be completed until the end of the week. tech's website said the same thing.

Also, apparently I'm not on UTSAs WL

What little birdy told you this?

I talked to one of the asst. deans of admissions, they told me that the waitlist was a "small, elite group of student, it is not a list of two or three hundred." So that's what i heard. we'll see how true it is later!? :rolleyes:

got my UTMB WL letter in the mail as well. I'm kind of shocked, thought it was a rejection. And then I was so happy, it was like I got an acceptance.

yeah, like FDH says, 1 of approximately 200. I hope one of us gets pulled off of it, how great would that be?

I called UTSW today and asked if I could find out my spot on the wait list. The lady who answered the phone (I believe Wes Norred's Secretary) told me that when the rankings were established we would get an email with our rank.

In the past, I directly talked with Wes Norred, who gave me good info. I'll try him when he gets back in town and see if he concurs with his secretary.

Does anyone else have any more information? Or has anyone called and heard something different?

got my UTMB WL letter in the mail as well. I'm kind of shocked, thought it was a rejection. And then I was so happy, it was like I got an acceptance.

yeah, like FDH says, 1 of approximately 200. I hope one of us gets pulled off of it, how great would that be?

..fixed..

I'm hoping we get great news texmed.

:luck: kiddos! :love:

In the past, I directly talked with Wes Norred, who gave me good info. I'll try him when he gets back in town and see if he concurs with his secretary?
I met Wes when I was at UTSW (School of Allied Health) and he is a very cool guy. He'd be the guy to talk to, IMHO.

I met Wes when I was at UTSW (School of Allied Health) and he is a very cool guy. He'd be the guy to talk to, IMHO.
wrd. i talked to him over the phone about my app, and he was as matter of fact as can be. no bull. he even said straight up if i were to apply this year, i could possibly have an interview at UTSW. i know things change all the time, but that was pretty cool to say.

Something has gone very wrong with the system...

If you think about it, the pre-match acceptances are pretty much the way the rest of the country does it, but most schools still accept quite a few more students more than they can actually take.

The difference is that the match has now provided a replacement pool of students as they elect to go elsewhere. The big question on everyone's mind right now is if students are going to choose to go elsewhere if they get accepted.

I think the administration at UTSW has visions of an academic elite incoming class that can handle the rigorous curriculum that they are trying to construct. I'm waiting to see how this is going to change the incoming class.

I think one thing is for certain now though. If you are the kind of applicant who wants to go to a school like to UT Southwestern, you can no longer depend on the match to get you there.

Good luck everyone!

Reposting this in this thread.

got an email for A&M wait list.

I WILL be holding my breath till August.