You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nothing to do for summer--any ideas?
Started by Future Doc1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go get a girlfriend while your parents pay the $$$ and you have time.
Or you can work to earn $$$.
Or you can work to earn $$$.
Last edited:
Get a job.
LOLGo get a girlfriend while your parents pay the $$$ and you have time.
Or you can work to earn $$$.
good idea
I'm probably not old enoughtake some classes at your CC.
Not old enough? For mine, you just have to be in at least 8th grade
Well what classes are you talking about?Not old enough? For mine, you just have to be in at least 8th grade
sleep
Classes at local community college, like chem, calc, english, psych, stuff like thatWell what classes are you talking about?
cool, I'll look into that stuff 👍Classes at local community college, like chem, calc, english, psych, stuff like that
Yep. I dunno about Arizona, but atleast for California, most credits from CC can be transferred to a state U or UC
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How old are you? At my CC, I only had to take the sophomore level taks test. Yes I live in Texas. But, that means your CC might consider the you at a young age as well. So, ask an admissions person at the CC. Be aggressive.I'm probably not old enough
Ugh! That's all I have been doing for the past week in a half and I am already getting super bored. After all those all-nighter's in college, you kinda get use to the sleep deprivation. I wouldn't advice it. My problem is I need a job and no one has a spot. Catch 22.sleep
Also, I don't know about chemistry. If s/he was going to a four year to take organic, it would just suck. It could be ten times harder at the university and you were prepared by a CC. Unless they are hard core as well. But, that is unlikely. I took chemistry at a CC and made an A and a B for the two semesters. Then, I transferred after high school to a hard core school where I took organic. Geez! I seriously did not have an ounce of social life because I was studying constantly just trying to catch up. I should have listened to my mentor. But, that's another story.
My advice is to either take a all of the other pre-reqs if you wish. But, if you are going to take chem, then take it all the way to ochem and finish it at the CC. Or, you can just wait till you enter a university. Also, if you are going to major in biology or something. I would just take all of them at the university. That way you don't have to suffer from underpreparedness. Hope this helps and good luck!
PS. You could also start a hobby at the same time, such as vegetable gardening. It is both fun and rewarding. Plus, it could keep you entertained during the summer. 🙂
Last edited:
15how old are you? At my cc, i only had to take the sophomore level taks test. Yes i live in texas. But, that means your cc might consider the you at a young age as well. So, ask an admissions person at the cc. Be aggressive.
Good ideas 😉Ugh! That's all I have been doing for the past week in a half and I am already getting super bored. After all those all-nighter's in college, you kinda get use to the sleep deprivation. I wouldn't advice it. My problem is I need a job and no one has a spot. Catch 22.
Also, I don't know about chemistry. If s/he was going to a four year to take organic, it would just suck. It could be ten times harder at the university and you were prepared by a CC. Unless they are hard core as well. But, that is unlikely. I took chemistry at a CC and made an A and a B for the two semesters. Then, I transferred after high school to a hard core school where I took organic. Geez! I seriously did not have an ounce of social life because I was studying constantly just trying to catch up. I should have listened to my mentor. But, that's another story.
My advice is to either take a all of the other pre-reqs if you wish. But, if you are going to take chem, then take it all the way to ochem and finish it at the CC. Or, you can just wait till you enter a university. Also, if you are going to major in biology or something. I would just take all of them at the university. That way you don't have to suffer from underpreparedness. Hope this helps and good luck!
PS. You could also start a hobby at the same time, such as vegetable gardening. It is both fun and rewarding. Plus, it could keep you entertained during the summer. 🙂
Great name too 😎
Similar threads
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 417