tlnbtb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
Anyone applying to Xavier in New Orleans? If so has anybody heard any thing from them?

wheelsonfire

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Other Health Professions Student
tlnbtb said:
Anyone applying to Xavier in New Orleans? If so has anybody heard any thing from them?
I gave them a call last week and they said that notification would be sent out in April. If you know more, please share. :cool:

OP
T

tlnbtb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
That's what I heard. Is this your first time applying?

wheelsonfire

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Yes it is. What about you?? Do you know any information?? :confused:

OP
T

tlnbtb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
I applied last year and was placed on the waiting list. Have to reapply this year.

Iluvmatt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
Status
Hey,

This is my 1st time applying to Xavier. I heard there were over a 1000 applicants this year. Is that true? Also, since they are not conducting individual interviews this year, is everything just based on your gpa?

OP
T

tlnbtb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
I really don't know how they do it. I have a b.s. degree and my friend who only took the prerequist last year got in. I am pretty sure i have better grades than she did, so I really could'nt tell u. I think they have more than 1000 and they only accept about 150 and some of them have to come from Xavier so it only leaves about 100 spots.

Iluvmatt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2005
Status
It's really tough to have to compete w/ so many people. Other than xavier students, do you know if they favor Louisiana residents (like kids from LSU)? Monroe's pharmacy is setting its standards higher and will require the PCAT for 2006, so I'm assuming that the numbers of applicants increased partially b/c of that. Also, for that theology class that's a pre-req for Xavier, are you suppose to take that class at xavier b/c I know that don't offer it at lsu.

OP
T

tlnbtb

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
I took it at Xavier. It was a lot of work.