Notification

Started by tlnbtb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tlnbtb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone applying to Xavier in New Orleans? If so has anybody heard any thing from them?
 
tlnbtb said:
Anyone applying to Xavier in New Orleans? If so has anybody heard any thing from them?

I gave them a call last week and they said that notification would be sent out in April. If you know more, please share. 😎
 
That's what I heard. Is this your first time applying?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied last year and was placed on the waiting list. Have to reapply this year.
 
Hey,

This is my 1st time applying to Xavier. I heard there were over a 1000 applicants this year. Is that true? Also, since they are not conducting individual interviews this year, is everything just based on your gpa?
 
I really don't know how they do it. I have a b.s. degree and my friend who only took the prerequist last year got in. I am pretty sure i have better grades than she did, so I really could'nt tell u. I think they have more than 1000 and they only accept about 150 and some of them have to come from Xavier so it only leaves about 100 spots.
 
It's really tough to have to compete w/ so many people. Other than xavier students, do you know if they favor Louisiana residents (like kids from LSU)? Monroe's pharmacy is setting its standards higher and will require the PCAT for 2006, so I'm assuming that the numbers of applicants increased partially b/c of that. Also, for that theology class that's a pre-req for Xavier, are you suppose to take that class at xavier b/c I know that don't offer it at lsu.