-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NOVA Acceptance....
Started by 1hotdoctor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello guys. Have any of you received an answer about the Florida residency tuition application?
I had to call them to verify they received the supporting documentation.
Anyone receive an acceptance from Nova lately? If so, when did you interview? Thx
when was ur interview mine was like late feb!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when was ur interview mine was like late feb!
Mine was early March....hate the waiting. I know adcom meets at the end of the month, so just wondering if anyone in this batch has heard anything yet...
I interviewed on Ft. Lauderdale campus 2/28 and got my acceptance letter this last week on 4/3. I am going to attend another school however, and will not be accepting the spot. So someone else will get this spot.😳
any one accepted into West palm beach campus?
ok this is really freaky..
i Had interview on 28th feb
i have not heard anything yet.. I am scared and nervous it is a horrible experience
i Had interview on 28th feb
i have not heard anything yet.. I am scared and nervous it is a horrible experience
C
cream
When you get signed up for Webct don't go checking it 20 times a day, trust me there are people who will check it 20 times a day. Last year during orientation Dr. Appu called out 5 people's names and asked them to stand up. He than proceeded to embarass them and put them on the spot by saying,
"These people have checked their webct accounts at least 140 times this week which averages out to 20 times per day"
After reciting his embarassing rhetoric everyone burst out laughing to complete the full embarassment. I was not one of those people but it was just not right, you will find out that Dr. Appu is pompus jerk.
Orientation is not bad for the most part. From my experience the people you will hang out with will not turn out to be your "friends". Your friends will be determined about a month after school depending on study habits, extra-curricular activites, fraternities, etc
Nova is a good school, you guys will like it
"These people have checked their webct accounts at least 140 times this week which averages out to 20 times per day"
After reciting his embarassing rhetoric everyone burst out laughing to complete the full embarassment. I was not one of those people but it was just not right, you will find out that Dr. Appu is pompus jerk.
Orientation is not bad for the most part. From my experience the people you will hang out with will not turn out to be your "friends". Your friends will be determined about a month after school depending on study habits, extra-curricular activites, fraternities, etc
Nova is a good school, you guys will like it
When you get signed up for Webct don't go checking it 20 times a day, trust me there are people who will check it 20 times a day. Last year during orientation Dr. Appu called out 5 people's names and asked them to stand up. He than proceeded to embarass them and put them on the spot by saying,
"These people have checked their webct accounts at least 140 times this week which averages out to 20 times per day"
After reciting his embarassing rhetoric everyone burst out laughing to complete the full embarassment. I was not one of those people but it was just not right, you will find out that Dr. Appu is pompus jerk.
Orientation is not bad for the most part. From my experience the people you will hang out with will not turn out to be your "friends". Your friends will be determined about a month after school depending on study habits, extra-curricular activites, fraternities, etc
Nova is a good school, you guys will like it
I can imagine you were probably resentful with all of your classmates at orientation for their laughing at you. Now that you've completed first year, what can we expect academically? Will we have time to breathe? I was an extreme workaholic during undergrad to ensure a future acceptance, but now that i'm in, I'd like to know how much more to expect.
C
cream
that situation I detailed did not happen to me, it happened to a few of my classmates, I just found it to be extremely rude and disrespectful.
Here is the deal with Nova; some people find it hard, others do not, I found it to be very challenging and fair. As long as you put in the work and time you will do fine.
Here is the deal with Nova; some people find it hard, others do not, I found it to be very challenging and fair. As long as you put in the work and time you will do fine.
I guess the people who don't study that hard are the ones who probably consider it difficult. But how much more challenging is it compared to undergrad organic chemistry and other courses?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This WebCT in question, what class was this for? Why is it needed for orientation and why did those ppl check it so often? I mean, I know there are certain things students need to register and one might continuously check on it to get the preferred spot/time, but since we don't know much about orientation as of now, I can't figure out why.
This WebCT in question, what class was this for? Why is it needed for orientation and why did those ppl check it so often? I mean, I know there are certain things students need to register and one might continuously check on it to get the preferred spot/time, but since we don't know much about orientation as of now, I can't figure out why.
The MTE maybe? Anyway how are you guys studying for it? I just got the workbook and it looks about 2 week of studying, so I'm planning to wait until I know when the test will be available so I wont forget the material 🙄
The MTE maybe? Anyway how are you guys studying for it? I just got the workbook and it looks about 2 week of studying, so I'm planning to wait until I know when the test will be available so I wont forget the material 🙄
Only two weeks for a book that's almost 600 pages? I had an initial impression that it would probably be a very complex and intricate book such as a physiology text. But if you can finish it in two weeks time, hopefully, it shouldn't be so bad. I'll find out tomorrow though, as I bought it on BarnesandNoble.com for about $27.00, and I expect it to be delivered to me tomorrow afternoon.
C
cream
The difficulty is really subjective according to each individual. WOrd on the streets is that 2nd year is the hardest. What I mean by difficulty is subjective is this: there is no consensus on how difficult or how easy pharmacy school has been. We have 2-4 people in class that finish EVERY TEST in 15-25 minutes, these are tests that we are allowed 2 hours to complete. There are people that barely study and don't find it challenging and others that spend all day studying and do not do well, it really varies. For the most part most people do do well, it is only about 5-10% of individuals that tend to struggle or have a really hard time. They give you many opportunities to succeed, if you need tutoring they can set you up with individual or group tutoring sessions, professors are always available through email or personal office meetings, and other students have always been very willing to help those in need. Students are very competitive but also care about other classmates and will help you. If you ever need any help you go to the office and set up a tutoring appointment or anything else you need.
As for WebCT, NOVA uses Webct for everyclass, some classes more than others. This is where you will receive classroom updates, professor emails, discussion boards, lecture handouts to print, online quizzes, assignments, etc. Im sure you are familiar with WEBCt, if not you will get very familiar with it.
Get excited, school is right around the corner, You will be going through a very unique and exciting transition in your life, enjoy it and make the best of it, don't be nervous, have fun, NOVA is a great place, lots of great people. IF anyone has any questions feel free to personal message me or just write on this board.
Sorry for the long email
As for WebCT, NOVA uses Webct for everyclass, some classes more than others. This is where you will receive classroom updates, professor emails, discussion boards, lecture handouts to print, online quizzes, assignments, etc. Im sure you are familiar with WEBCt, if not you will get very familiar with it.
Get excited, school is right around the corner, You will be going through a very unique and exciting transition in your life, enjoy it and make the best of it, don't be nervous, have fun, NOVA is a great place, lots of great people. IF anyone has any questions feel free to personal message me or just write on this board.
Sorry for the long email
C
cream
This WebCT in question, what class was this for? Why is it needed for orientation and why did those ppl check it so often? I mean, I know there are certain things students need to register and one might continuously check on it to get the preferred spot/time, but since we don't know much about orientation as of now, I can't figure out why.
ppl check it so often in the beginning because in the beginning they are really excited/nervous/anxious so for some they check it a little excessively which for some was 15-20 times per day for a week straight, which is really OCD crazy but they don't need to be pointed out and embarassed in front of classmates they just met.
Dont stress out much about the Medical Terminology Test. MTE is for Service Learning which is your Volunteer experience for the first year. Pretty much as long as you show up on time to your volunteer location you will get 70/70 points. The MET counts for 10/10 possible points, there will be 2 Test, 5 pts each, and the remaining 20 percent is assignments, group stuff etc.. Dont worry bout MET, they just want you to get used to filling out the bubble scantron exams, filling in your student number etc, name..
C
cream
Be familiar with this website, all your updates, class schedules, checklist of info, etc.
Go to the "checklist" and get all your stuff in so you are not bothered with it during the school year.
http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/StudentAffairs/Main.html
Go to the "checklist" and get all your stuff in so you are not bothered with it during the school year.
http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/StudentAffairs/Main.html
Thanks for the information and suggestions, cream. 👍
Does anyone know if incoming P1's like as are eligible to apply for the NSU college of pharmacy scholarships? There are like two or three on the NSU website. The due date is the end of may. Just wondering if we can apply since the GPA they ask is from the NSU college of pharmacy only but at the same time gives us the option of selecting pre-pharmacy as the current status. Does anyone know of any other scholarships we can apply for?
hey guys! i was wondering if anyone started studying for the MTE... I have the previous edition (1998) of the book, not the 3rd edition. Does anyone know if it is the same or should I buy the new book? Thanks 🙂
hey guys! i was wondering if anyone started studying for the MTE... I have the previous edition (1998) of the book, not the 3rd edition. Does anyone know if it is the same or should I buy the new book? Thanks 🙂
I started studying last week. Usually, book editions don't vary very much and, in fact, many are practically the same with the the chapters and contents of the book. The only real difference is the inclusion of more diagrams and illustrations and perhaps a different arrangement of the same contents. Chapter 4, the respiratory system, in the 3rd edition might appear as chapter 5 in the older editions. But if you really want to make sure, give Nova a call or send an e-mail to [email protected]
C
cream
Your schedule has been released. If you ddon't know already go to
pharmacy.nova.edu , current students, office of student services, scroll to bottom and click on "Fall 2008 Schedule (P1)" directly or click on "class of 2012 checklist" and you can access it from there.
Your schedule pretty much looks the same as ours did with a couple exceptions. Your class coordinator for Dynamics is Castejon while ours was Dr. Hernandez. I don't know if this is good thing or bad thing for you guys, I personally liked Hernandez. The only other change is that for Calculations they have TBA listed under professor. We had a great professor for this course and it definitely sux that you guys will not be taking her. Hopefully you guys get someoonoe who isnt too bad because its a 1 credit course and you don't want to stress out for a 1 crediter.
All the other professors look the same.
pharmacy.nova.edu , current students, office of student services, scroll to bottom and click on "Fall 2008 Schedule (P1)" directly or click on "class of 2012 checklist" and you can access it from there.
Your schedule pretty much looks the same as ours did with a couple exceptions. Your class coordinator for Dynamics is Castejon while ours was Dr. Hernandez. I don't know if this is good thing or bad thing for you guys, I personally liked Hernandez. The only other change is that for Calculations they have TBA listed under professor. We had a great professor for this course and it definitely sux that you guys will not be taking her. Hopefully you guys get someoonoe who isnt too bad because its a 1 credit course and you don't want to stress out for a 1 crediter.
All the other professors look the same.
Your schedule has been released. If you ddon't know already go to
pharmacy.nova.edu , current students, office of student services, scroll to bottom and click on "Fall 2008 Schedule (P1)" directly or click on "class of 2012 checklist" and you can access it from there.
Your schedule pretty much looks the same as ours did with a couple exceptions. Your class coordinator for Dynamics is Castejon while ours was Dr. Hernandez. I don't know if this is good thing or bad thing for you guys, I personally liked Hernandez. The only other change is that for Calculations they have TBA listed under professor. We had a great professor for this course and it definitely sux that you guys will not be taking her. Hopefully you guys get someoonoe who isnt too bad because its a 1 credit course and you don't want to stress out for a 1 crediter.
All the other professors look the same.
Describe how effective the other professors are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
C
cream
Describe how effective the other professors are.
The professors and classes are fine. You will do fine. No Complaints
I'm a 24-female student at NOVA Pharm program in Palm Beach Garden.
Looking for a fellow female student to share my spacious 2 bed-2 bath apartment at Garden East Appt complex.
This unit are:
- very nice with a beautiful lake view.
- within walking distance to school ( 5 mins to NOVA on RCA Blvd).
- pretty much empty during the day, because I spend most of my time in school.
- washer and dryer are in the kitchen.
- have a unique floor plan, the two bed-bath sets are on each side, with the living room and kitchen in between.
I am married, but my husband does not live here with me. He is going to Nova main campus, and he stays in Davie.
I'm very easy to deal with and very reasonable. I am very neat and clean, don't drink nor do drug so my roommate must be the same. You must show me proof of drug test.
I pay for utilities such as water, sewer, trash, electrics, basic cable tv, internet and local phone line...I will also provide a wireless home network with a shared printer for you.
I prefer the roommate also goes to Nova, or other colleges, as I like my room to be a studying environment. I also don't want to have any party at the place. There is a common area in the complex where you can held a party for as much as 50 people. There is also a pool and a gym for tenants.
The manager requires the roommate to be on the 12 month lease. We will be moving in on August 2nd, right before orientation.
Contact: 714 - 251 - 9567
Ask for Ms Le.
2750 Rio Vista blvd , palm beach gardens, fl
$600 + paid utilities
Looking for a fellow female student to share my spacious 2 bed-2 bath apartment at Garden East Appt complex.
This unit are:
- very nice with a beautiful lake view.
- within walking distance to school ( 5 mins to NOVA on RCA Blvd).
- pretty much empty during the day, because I spend most of my time in school.
- washer and dryer are in the kitchen.
- have a unique floor plan, the two bed-bath sets are on each side, with the living room and kitchen in between.
I am married, but my husband does not live here with me. He is going to Nova main campus, and he stays in Davie.
I'm very easy to deal with and very reasonable. I am very neat and clean, don't drink nor do drug so my roommate must be the same. You must show me proof of drug test.
I pay for utilities such as water, sewer, trash, electrics, basic cable tv, internet and local phone line...I will also provide a wireless home network with a shared printer for you.
I prefer the roommate also goes to Nova, or other colleges, as I like my room to be a studying environment. I also don't want to have any party at the place. There is a common area in the complex where you can held a party for as much as 50 people. There is also a pool and a gym for tenants.
The manager requires the roommate to be on the 12 month lease. We will be moving in on August 2nd, right before orientation.
Contact: 714 - 251 - 9567
Ask for Ms Le.
2750 Rio Vista blvd , palm beach gardens, fl
$600 + paid utilities
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 6K