Nova CHPP program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fuzzypeachesdoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Very need to SDN, mostly just lurk on here. But I recently found about the CHPP program NOVA is offering. Anyone know anything about it. What the GPA requirements are? I think it’s a relatively new program, so they only have their second class as of now. Just trying to get more information about it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Prerequisites

• B.A./B.S. degree from a regionally accredited university
  • Completion of a minimum of eight semester hours with a grade of C (2.0 GPA) or higher in each of the following
    • Biology with lab
    • General Chemistry with lab
    • Organic Chemistry with lab
    • General Physics with lab
  • Completion of a minimum of six semester hours in English with at least three semester hours in composition with a grade of C (2.0 GPA) or higher
  • Completion of a minimum of three semester hours with a grade of C (2.0 GPA) or higher in Biochemistry
  • A cumulative MCAT of 498 or higher
  • A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Pulled from their page about the program here.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. I'm of the current students at this program and one of the social media chairs and I'm happy to answer your questions. Just DM me!
Here is the website from NOVA: Certificate in Health Professions Preparation
IG: Login • Instagram

As for the campus, NOVA has two of them: one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in Tampa Bay/Clearwater. The program is offered in the latter only. This campus is new and has a nice view of the Tampa Bay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. I'm of the current students at this program and one of the social media chairs and I'm happy to answer your questions. Just DM me!
Here is the website from NOVA: Certificate in Health Professions Preparation
IG: Login • Instagram
Facebook (it's just made): NSU-KPCOM CHPP Program

As for the campus, NOVA has two of them: one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in Tampa Bay/Clearwater. The program is offered in the latter only. This campus is new and has a nice view of the Tampa Bay.
Hi! I was just wondering if their gpa and mcat reqs are hard reqs that will screen you out? My numbers are just a tad under their posted requirements. Wondering if it’s worth applying to? Thanks!

So the MCAT requirement is to get at least 500, so if you got accepted to the program with lower than that, they'll need to get it either before classes start or during. It's definitely doable to take it during classes as many of my classmates have done it, but it is pretty stressful. As for the GPA requirement, it's now a 3.4-3.59 for interview and still 3.6 for admission. It is doable to get the 3.6 but it's kinda hard. It just depends on how much effort you put in every week to study.

So IF you get admitted into the program would they prohibit you from applying to other schools? Will they let us pick the campus for the DO program after meeting the cut off?
No they would not. You are not obligated to attend their medical school. A few students in the past and this year have been accepted to other schools and will go there after this program.

Yes you can choose which campus to go to. At the end of first semester, you can choose which campus you prefer. I believe that if you ever change your mind, there's a small window to change during second semester. You just need to email the program director.

Thanks. Trying to debate to apply for the next cycle versus going for this program. I see the courses are 2 credit courses. Does it mean they are less intense? I see anatomy/Physiology/Bio Chem/Immunology amongst others.
The courses you'll take are Anatomy I and II, Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Immunology, Biochem, and Genetics. All are 2 credit courses. You'll also take a 1 credit class that's P/F to help you with study strategies and preparing for med school and beyond. They are more detailed than undergrad that's for sure but a still less detailed than med school. Regardless, they are still intense since to help you prepare for the med school.

Hi! The website says 3.6 gpa. I was wondering if you could expand on that. Is that 85%+? How difficult is it to obtain. I would probably need to write the MCAT again if I go into it. Any input would be appreciated. I really hope the DO school isn't too competitive to get into once you are in the certificate program! 😬

Hi! The website says 3.6 gpa. I was wondering if you could expand on that. Is that 85%+? How difficult is it to obtain. I would probably need to write the MCAT again if I go into it. Any input would be appreciated. I really hope the DO school isn't too competitive to get into once you are in the certificate program! 😬

I'm not sure what you mean by 85%. It just depends on how much you dedicate to study a week and how familiar the material is to you. It is more dense than undergrad.

If you get into the program, all you have to do is try to get between 3.4-3.59 for the guaranteed interview or 3.6 for guaranteed admission. This is unique amongst other post bacc programs since they don't offer the latter. If you have to interview, it'll be for the DO school. As long as you were active in the program (went to office hours, volunteered, had leadership positions in the program) and reviewed your application, you'll be fine.

As for competitive, my class wasn't that at all. We often shared notes and sent videos to help each other out.

There were plenty of students who had to take the MCAT again. It's optimal to do it before classes begin, but many did it during the program. It is difficult to manage but doable. Best times while in the program would be early in both semesters since you won't have that much material to learn or during winter break (essentially all of December).

Also, I'm sure you've seen another thread where a student from 2 years critiqued the program. I made a detailed reply to it a few weeks ago and have linked it.
Post in: 'NSU KPCOM Post-Bac' NSU KPCOM Post-Bac

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IT means you have to maintain close to A- on an average. Are you an international applicant? I don't believe they admit international students to the DO program.
I am not an international applicant but both the CHPP program and DO school accept international students. I've linked the websites for both CHPP and DO school.

CHPP: Certificate in Health Professions Preparation (C.H.P.P.)| NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine

DO school: FAQ - Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions | NSU.

If you're curious about more details on the program, I've linked my comments from another thread that replies to some of the negative comments a student from two years ago posted. Post in: 'NSU KPCOM Post-Bac' NSU KPCOM Post-Bac

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'm a fellow CHPP-er and wanted to share my thoughts on this program having finished it about 2 weeks ago.

This was a fair program designed to matriculate its students into the medical school. Following 16 exams (8 midterm exams 8 final exams) across 2 semesters, I can confidently say that for the most part the program does want its students to succeed and provides the necessary resources to achieve just that. At this point, I am NOT aware of how many students finished above a 3.6 GPA in the program (we took finals 2 weeks ago); however I do have reason to assume that number is ~ to less than half of the students in the program. In fact the number is likely closer to 20/80 students rather than 40/80 students [More on this below].
  • These are numbers based on the number of students who attended Group Advising Sessions. Part of our program requirements include a MANDATORY advising session with the Director of the program. However, if you are a student above the 3.6 GPA, you are welcome to opt out of individual advising and instead sign up for GROUP advising.
  • Attendance at these opt-out group sessions were about 20 students in total. While certain students who were above the 3.6 cutoff may have opted for individual advising sessions, I cannot imagine this was a significant number. (DISCLAIMER: This is purely my speculation) --> I am happy to share outcomes on our program once interviews are complete.
  • These sessions took place prior to finals.
One of the fears I had going into this program was that because they doubled the class size from the year prior (~40 last year to ~80 this year), a lower percentage of students would finally matriculate into the following year’s DO class. I will not know these numbers for sure until June. Overall, I felt that the program director and faculty responsible for teaching us did indeed want to see every student matriculating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The single biggest lesson I learned in CHPP is that it is OKAY to reach out for help when needed.

Whether it is this program or medical school in general I spent some time to think about what I advise someone entering CHPP to keep in mind in order to achieve their full potential.

Here is a list of those things

1. Master the use of SPACED REPETITION – Anki
  • This is not essential - many of my classmates used study styles that were more tailored to their strengths. Be yourself and do not worry about what others are doing.
  • From personal experience, I experimented with a couple study strategies before settling with Anki as the most efficient use of my time. Again you CAN be successful for sure without using it. I just personally loved the Anki algorithm directing my review time without me having to consciously plan it out.
  • There are a ton of youtube videos med students have put out detailing how to use Anki. It is not a user friendly platform --> there is definitely a learning curve to it. Your first semester classes are a tad lighter than second semester so you will have time to become more and more proficient.
2. Have a structured schedule – fairly straight-forward but plan out your tasks the night before for the following day.
  • I just used the notes app on my phone to do this
3. Go to EVERY OFFICE HOURS and ASK QUESTIONS
  • The reason this is important is because in Medical School they throw SO MUCH information at you to study each class. But in order to filter out which material will actually be tested/emphasized on exams it is ESSENTIAL TO ASK PROFESSORS!
  • For the most part the faculty is really welcoming to this and truly embody that "open-door" policy. Do not underestimate the value in doing this either --> these same faculty members are more likely than not going to interview you if needed. It is better to demonstrate your interest and passion and make an impression before then.

4. This one is hard but – FIND A WORK-LIFE BALANCE. I am admittedly not great at this. But do not undervalue the need to find time to exercise and practice efficient ERGONOMICS while you study. Do NOT let your health deteriorate for the purpose of success in medical school

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some advice I would give by course

Physiology - For now, Nova likes to use a video bank called Lecturio to design their physiology curriculum. Lecturio as a platform is very hit or miss in general, however for physiology I would say it was fairly high yield for exam preparation. Each video is supplemented with practice questions. Do those questions and continue reviewing old content in the weeks leading up to exams and you should build a solid foundation. Often times professors will provide end of lecture "Take-home" questions or present questions in class that are fairly representative of the type of questions you will see on exams. Obviously if there are unfair exam questions, there is a fairly efficient challenge system. Some professors also like highlighting high yield information in certain colors (like red text). Definitely commit those things to memory!

Anatomy - Anki Anki Anki. But seriously it is simply the most efficient way to learn Anatomy. 100% discrete rote memorization. Do what works for you like I said before, but it is a LOT of info so be wary of that. There is an application the school provides called "Complete Anatomy." Using this 3D model will certainly supplement your studies as you go along. Youtube videos probably help too. But again, nothing beats anki. Lecturio Anatomy content is frustrating to deal with at times - the diagrams are not very useful. But thankfully the anatomy curriculum relies far less on Lecturio than Physiology.

Biochemistry will have a different professor next year so I cannot give advice on that course. Our class found biochemistry fairly straight-forward (and frankly easier than your average undergraduate level Biochem). However this can certainly change moving forward so do not take it lightly.

Genetics was frustrating to study for. The content was straightforward and simple, however our professor did not properly guide us to prepare for finals efficiently. Our class averages were still decent but generally, preparing for genetics was more stress than it was worth.

Microbiology (2nd semester Course) - This is a level up from your first semester course load. Way more content to get through than genetics or biochem. At this point you need to be fairly comfortable with whatever study strategy you employed in your first semester. Dr. Gregg is an excellent professor (and course director), but he will not go easy on you. Stay persistent and dedicated and you will succeed. A lot to memorize, easy to fall behind but with the right strategy you will succeed. Also, he provides practice questions in class - DO THOSE and understand his question style.

Immunology (2nd semester Course) - In my opinion this will be the hardest course of the program. But it is a beautiful course at the same time. Very fun to learn and experience. Dr. Gregg was also course director for this course. I liken learning Immunology to learning a new language. I guess that will make more sense as you go through it. Everything you learn is cumulative. Do not just dispose of information after the midterm. His slides are sometimes hard to follow, however if you attend his OFFICE HOURS or listen to those recordings, you should be fine. He filters out what you need to know for exams fairly well (ESPECIALLY for MICROBIO). Our midterm averages were great but our final exam average is likely our lowest exam average of the program. There is no sugar coating it --> this is a difficult class. But stay consistent and you will be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Brown, the course director has a vested interest in seeing EVERYONE succeed. As my fellow classmate mentioned above, she is presenting research at a conference detailing outcomes from students in our program. It is easy to be cynical but trust their intentions, work hard and you will see the fruit of your labor.

I hope this helped everyone! I had a great time in CHPP and made great bonds.

Cheers

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone,

I'm a fellow CHPP-er and wanted to share my thoughts on this program having finished it about 2 weeks ago.

This was a fair program designed to matriculate its students into the medical school. Following 16 exams (8 midterm exams 8 final exams) across 2 semesters, I can confidently say that for the most part the program does want its students to succeed and provides the necessary resources to achieve just that. At this point, I am NOT aware of how many students finished above a 3.6 GPA in the program (we took finals 2 weeks ago); however I do have reason to assume that number is ~ to less than half of the students in the program. In fact the number is likely closer to 20/80 students rather than 40/80 students [More on this below].
  • These are numbers based on the number of students who attended Group Advising Sessions. Part of our program requirements include a MANDATORY advising session with the Director of the program. However, if you are a student above the 3.6 GPA, you are welcome to opt out of individual advising and instead sign up for GROUP advising.
  • Attendance at these opt-out group sessions were about 20 students in total. While certain students who were above the 3.6 cutoff may have opted for individual advising sessions, I cannot imagine this was a significant number. (DISCLAIMER: This is purely my speculation) --> I am happy to share outcomes on our program once interviews are complete.
One of the fears I had going into this program was that because they doubled the class size from the year prior (~40 last year to ~80 this year), a lower percentage of students would finally matriculate into the following year’s DO class. I will not know these numbers for sure until June. Overall, I felt that the program director and faculty responsible for teaching us did indeed want to see every student matriculating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The single biggest lesson I learned in CHPP is that it is OKAY to reach out for help when needed.

Whether it is this program or medical school in general I spent some time to think about what I advise someone entering CHPP to keep in mind in order to achieve their full potential.

• This is not essential - many of my classmates used study styles that were more tailored to their strengths. Be yourself and do not worry about what others are doing.
  • From personal experience, I experimented with a couple study strategies before settling with Anki as the most efficient use of my time. Again you CAN be successful for sure without using it. I just personally loved the Anki algorithm directing my review time without me having to consciously plan it out.
  • There are a ton of youtube videos med students have put out detailing how to use Anki. It is not a user friendly platform --> there is definitely a learning curve to it. Your first semester classes are a tad lighter than second semester so you will have time to become more and more proficient.
2. Have a structured schedule – fairly straight-forward but plan out your tasks the night before for the following day.
  • The reason this is important is because in Medical School they throw SO MUCH information at you to study each class. But in order to filter out which material will actually be tested/emphasized on exams it is ESSENTIAL TO ASK PROFESSORS!
  • For the most part the faculty is really welcoming to this and truly embody that "open-door" policy. Do not underestimate the value in doing this either --> these same faculty members are more likely than not going to interview you if needed. It is better to demonstrate your interest and passion and make an impression before then.

4. This one is hard but – FIND A WORK-LIFE BALANCE. I am admittedly not great at this. But do not undervalue the need to find time to exercise and practice efficient ERGONOMICS while you study. Do NOT let your health deteriorate for the purpose of success in medical school

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physiology - For now, Nova likes to use a video bank called Lecturio to design their physiology curriculum. Lecturio as a platform is very hit or miss in general, however for physiology I would say it was fairly high yield for exam preparation. Each video is supplemented with practice questions. Do those questions and continue reviewing old content in the weeks leading up to exams and you should build a solid foundation. Often times professors will provide end of lecture "Take-home" questions or present questions in class that are fairly representative of the type of questions you will see on exams. Obviously if there are unfair exam questions, there is a fairly efficient challenge system. Some professors also like highlighting high yield information in certain colors (like red text). Definitely commit those things to memory!

Anatomy - Anki Anki Anki. But seriously it is simply the most efficient way to learn Anatomy. 100% discrete rote memorization. Do what works for you like I said before, but it is a LOT of info so be wary of that. There is an application the school provides called "Complete Anatomy." Using this 3D model will certainly supplement your studies as you go along. Youtube videos probably help too. But again, nothing beats anki. Lecturio Anatomy content is frustrating to deal with at times - the diagrams are not very useful. But thankfully the anatomy curriculum relies far less on Lecturio than Physiology.

Biochemistry will have a different professor next year so I cannot give advice on that course. Our class found biochemistry fairly straight-forward (and frankly easier than your average undergraduate level Biochem). However this can certainly change moving forward so do not take it lightly.

Genetics was frustrating to study for. The content was straightforward and simple, however our professor did not properly guide us to prepare for finals efficiently. Our class averages were still decent but generally, preparing for genetics was more stress than it was worth.

Microbiology (2nd semester Course) - This is a level up from your first semester course load. Way more content to get through than genetics or biochem. At this point you need to be fairly comfortable with whatever study strategy you employed in your first semester. Dr. Gregg is an excellent professor (and course director), but he will not go easy on you. Stay persistent and dedicated and you will succeed. A lot to memorize, easy to fall behind but with the right strategy you will succeed. Also, he provides practice questions in class - DO THOSE and understand his question style.

Immunology (2nd semester Course) - In my opinion this will be the hardest course of the program. But it is a beautiful course at the same time. Very fun to learn and experience. Dr. Gregg was also course director for this course. I liken learning Immunology to learning a new language. I guess that will make more sense as you go through it. Everything you learn is cumulative. Do not just dispose of information after the midterm. His slides are sometimes hard to follow, however if you attend his OFFICE HOURS or listen to those recordings, you should be fine. He filters out what you need to know for exams fairly well (ESPECIALLY for MICROBIO). Our midterm averages were great but our final exam average is likely our lowest exam average of the program. There is no sugar coating it --> this is a difficult class. But stay consistent and you will be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Brown, the course director has a vested interest in seeing EVERYONE succeed. As my fellow classmate mentioned above, she is presenting research at a conference detailing outcomes from students in our program. It is easy to be cynical but trust their intentions, work hard and you will see the fruit of your labor.

Cheers
There is a curve applied to final grades so do not take my speculation on GPAs at face value. Again I am happy to share outcomes in June!

I have been recently accepted. When do classes start for this program? is there orientation? haven't received this information yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Cheers
Can confirm over 60% of the class obtained the 3.6 - the majority of the remaining students received interview invites!

I'm not sure what you mean by 85%. It just depends on how much you dedicate to study a week and how familiar the material is to you. It is more dense than undergrad.

If you get into the program, all you have to do is try to get between 3.4-3.59 for the guaranteed interview or 3.6 for guaranteed admission. This is unique amongst other post bacc programs since they don't offer the latter. If you have to interview, it'll be for the DO school. As long as you were active in the program (went to office hours, volunteered, had leadership positions in the program) and reviewed your application, you'll be fine.

As for competitive, my class wasn't that at all. We often shared notes and sent videos to help each other out.

There were plenty of students who had to take the MCAT again. It's optimal to do it before classes begin, but many did it during the program. It is difficult to manage but doable. Best times while in the program would be early in both semesters since you won't have that much material to learn or during winter break (essentially all of December).

Also, I'm sure you've seen another thread where a student from 2 years critiqued the program. I made a detailed reply to it a few weeks ago and have linked it.
Post in: 'NSU KPCOM Post-Bac' NSU KPCOM Post-Bac
What’s 3.6 on a % scale in USA? Is it 90%?

I’m in Canada and 3.6 is 90% which is A+.

What is 3.6 at NSU?

Also for students who do get into CHPP, when would be their last date to write their MCAT before the program finishes?

Does anyone know when this application opens up for the upcoming cycle 2022-2023?

Interested in this as well
Hello,

I'm currently a student enrolled in Nova's CHPP program. I am unsure as to the number of students who typically apply to the program, but the number of applicants has increased over the years.

As far as interviews go, each student within the post bacc program has a tentative seat within the osteopathic program. The number of interviews given out is completely dependent on how the students perform academically during the semesters. For example, if each student in the class receives that 3.6 average, then the medical program is prepared to offer direct matriculation of each student into the program the following year (so in a way we are studying in order to not lose this tentative seat). Or if 'X' amount of people get between a 3.4 and 3.59 GPA, then all those students are guaranteed an interview. Those that fall below the 3.4 GPA will need to reapply during the cycle as normal and are not guaranteed an interview.

Ultimately, the numbers of interviews given out is variable based on the academic performance of the students. As someone mentioned previously, the program does want the students to succeed and enter the medical program afterwards.

More information regarding the program's requirements and GPA can be found on their webpage:
NSU KPCOM Certificate in Health Preparations Program (C.H.P.P.)

Hello everyone,

Cheers
**UPDATED** statistics regarding the class that finished the program in Spring 2022:

Class total: 79 students
Qualified for interview/direct acceptance: 69 students
Total Matriculated Students into the DO program: 68 students

Does anyone know when this application opens up for the upcoming cycle 2022-2023?
The program can be applied to through AACOMAS or PostbacCas, both of which have opened up their applications for this year. Once verified, secondary applications are typically sent out around November. Additionally, students can reach out to admissions if they have not received a secondary application for the CHPP program after being verified. Interviews for the program start in January.

I know this forum hasn't been active for awhile, but I have a few questions about the CHPP program that I was hoping someone might know the answers to. I was wondering how long it took to hear about an interview after submitting the initial and secondary apps, and how long between submitting everything and a decision? Thank you in advance.

I know this forum hasn't been active for awhile, but I have a few questions about the CHPP program that I was hoping someone might know the answers to. I was wondering how long it took to hear about an interview after submitting the initial and secondary apps, and how long between submitting everything and a decision? Thank you in advance.
I don't believe there's any formal timeline in place for responses. I would say a couple weeks (maybe up to a couple months) to hear back regarding an interview. If I remember correctly, after my interview they informed me that I would be notified of a decision within a couple weeks. I think it turned out to be one week before I heard back. That part of the process tends to be a bit quicker. Take this with a grain of salt. I'd assume theres a lot of other factors that come into play (# of applicants, date submitted, etc.) which also have an impact on how quickly response are sent out to applicants.

I don't believe there's any formal timeline in place for responses. I would say a couple weeks (maybe up to a couple months) to hear back regarding an interview. If I remember correctly, after my interview they informed me that I would be notified of a decision within a couple weeks. I think it turned out to be one week before I heard back. That part of the process tends to be a bit quicker. Take this with a grain of salt. I'd assume theres a lot of other factors that come into play (# of applicants, date submitted, etc.) which also have an impact on how quickly response are sent out to applicants.
Thank you so much for the response! I couldn't find anywhere how long it was taking, so I appreciate having a bit more info. I'm anxiously waiting to hear something back about an interview, the program has become my top choice. Hopefully something soon. Thanks again!

Does this program use federal student loans, or do I have to take out private loans? Someone on Reddit made it seem like I had to do private loans 🤷‍♂️

Does this program use federal student loans, or do I have to take out private loans? Someone on Reddit made it seem like I had to do private loans 🤷‍♂️
You can use federal loans for this program. I think years ago it was was private loan only, which is why you may have read that. This program been eligible for federal loans for at least a couple years now.

Hi All, interviewed March 1st. Has anyone heard back since their interview yet?

Submitted app late Jan. Submitted secondary on Feb. 7th. Interview invite on Feb. 9th. Interviewed on March 1st. Still waiting from there
Hmm. I would suggest reaching out to them. I went to one of the info sessions the other week, and I think they said you should have a decision 1-3 weeks following the interview. Reach out to [email protected], she's one of the admissions counselors. I submitted 2/22, secondary 2/27, and I've heard nothing other than "in review" when I reached out about making sure they would accept my English credits about a week after my secondary. I'm stressed 😅 Wishing you the best, hope it's an A for you!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I was recently placed on the ”alternate” list for the DO program after interviewing March 7th. Does anyone know if I have to get rejected to be able to apply to the CHPP program? Or can you be considered while waiting for a response?

Hmm. I would suggest reaching out to them. I went to one of the info sessions the other week, and I think they said you should have a decision 1-3 weeks following the interview. Reach out to [email protected], she's one of the admissions counselors. I submitted 2/22, secondary 2/27, and I've heard nothing other than "in review" when I reached out about making sure they would accept my English credits about a week after my secondary. I'm stressed 😅 Wishing you the best, hope it's an A for you!
I was accepted today into the program! 😊

Hey guys, for those who were accepted, do you mind sharing your GPA/ mcat scores? Or could you Dm me? Just looking to see if I’m competitive for this program? Thanks!

Hey guys, for those who were accepted, do you mind sharing your GPA/ mcat scores? Or could you Dm me? Just looking to see if I’m competitive for this program? Thanks!
Hey! Here are mine for others thinking of applying: 3.31 cGPA, 3.11 sGPA, 511 MCAT score. Worked full-time EMT and part time in college so have close to 1000 hours there. 150 hour research. 300+ shadowing hours.

Hey, I'm interviewing for the program on Monday, and I was wondering if anyone had advice. Thanks!

Hey, I'm interviewing for the program on Monday, and I was wondering if anyone had advice. Thanks!
Congrats on an interview! Just be yourself, be honest and enjoy meeting everyone on Monday. I think the biggest thing is just remembering to keep it fun for yourself. Some interviewers may be more serious others more fun. But as long as you show you are a good person, there for the right reasons and speak to your interviewer like a normal person, I think you’ll be fine :) have fun and hoping for your A!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! I recently found out about the NSU CHPP program and completed almost all of my app. However I test for the mcat on April 15 2023 and wouldn’t get my score back till May 12. I thought the MCAT wasn’t a requirement for submitting the app as long as i get above 500 before the end of the program, if matriculated. Is there any way to bypass the MCAT requirement before submitting app? I did take the Mcat once before but voided the test.

Hello guys I was recently interviewed and forgot to ask if they super scored the MCAT for admission or do I have to retake if I don't have the 500 total score? Thank you and good luck to every one !
How was the interview?

Hello guys I was recently interviewed and forgot to ask if they super scored the MCAT for admission or do I have to retake if I don't have the 500 total score? Thank you and good luck to every one !
Hi! Congrats on an interview and hope for the A :) unfortunately, I do not believe they super score the MCAT at least I have not heard about any school doing that, but you can always reach out with questions to Jermila.

Hi all! I recently found out about the NSU CHPP program and completed almost all of my app. However I test for the mcat on April 15 2023 and wouldn’t get my score back till May 12. I thought the MCAT wasn’t a requirement for submitting the app as long as i get above 500 before the end of the program, if matriculated. Is there any way to bypass the MCAT requirement before submitting app? I did take the Mcat once before but voided the test.
The MCAT is required for the CHPP program. The 500 MCAT score is what is required for matriculation into the DO program. That being said, the CHPP program is likely willing to accept the results of your upcoming MCAT, however, I believe you would need to begin a 2023-24 AACOMAS application in order to submit it. I recommend contacting the program director, Dr. Brown-Wujick ([email protected]) for further guidance on how to proceed with this.

The MCAT is required for the CHPP program. The 500 MCAT score is what is required for matriculation into the DO program. That being said, the CHPP program is likely willing to accept the results of your upcoming MCAT, however, I believe you would need to begin a 2023-24 AACOMAS application in order to submit it. I recommend contacting the program director, Dr. Brown-Wujick ([email protected]) for further guidance on how to proceed with this.
So they gave us the option of starting a postbac application which i did and filled most of it out already. the mcat portion has an astrid so Jermila told me to contact postbacc to see if they can do something about it like take the requirement part off for me bc i’ll submit the mcat directly to nova once i get the score. i just want my app to be in before hand so it can get processed and verified

Hey, ya'll interviewed today! Hope to be back with good news :)

Hi all I was accepted to CHPP a while back but am 50/50 on joining the program- can I PM any current students?

also can i also get y'all's thoughts please? I applied this cycle had interviews but am WL at schools rn. Either way I am retaking the MCAT in June to get a higher score and hope to reapply MD/DO again regardless of what program I choose.

CHPP
Pros: confirmed seat if i do well on the program (3.7/3.6) area has nice weather
Cons: far from home, gives a certificate? does not give a masters degree for the program, heard some - things about KPCOM as a school.

Other SMP
Pros: closer to home and family, have connections in area, more established DO program, actual masters degree
Cons: gives interview only if i do well in the program (but program vouches for students if you do well)

I am hoping to stay closer to home through another SMP program- offers an interview not a confirmed seat though. I am going back and fourth since CHPP does have a confirmed seat but BOTH programs require that I do well on the first year. Like I mentioned i am retaking my MCAT but what are your guys thoughts? plz share your perspectives

Thanks so much!!!!

Hi all I was accepted to CHPP a while back but am 50/50 on joining the program- can I PM any current students?

also can i also get y'all's thoughts please? I applied this cycle had interviews but am WL at schools rn. Either way I am retaking the MCAT in June to get a higher score and hope to reapply MD/DO again regardless of what program I choose.

CHPP
Pros: confirmed seat if i do well on the program (3.7/3.6) area has nice weather
Cons: far from home, gives a certificate? does not give a masters degree for the program, heard some - things about KPCOM as a school.

Other SMP
Pros: closer to home and family, have connections in area, more established DO program, actual masters degree
Cons: gives interview only if i do well in the program (but program vouches for students if you do well)

I am hoping to stay closer to home through another SMP program- offers an interview not a confirmed seat though. I am going back and fourth since CHPP does have a confirmed seat but BOTH programs require that I do well on the first year. Like I mentioned i am retaking my MCAT but what are your guys thoughts? plz share your perspectives

Thanks so much!!!!
Have you looked into the matriculation rates in the medical schools of people in the other SMPs your looking at? That would be the biggest factor.

I'm in a similar situation. I am on 2 WLs and one pending interview. As for backups, I got accepted into Roaslind and Midwestern's Masters which are near home for me, but if I get into the CHPP, I am leaning more towards that just because doing well does guarantee that seat. Rosalind has about 60% matriculation into their med school after and Midwestern doesn't have data, but I think it's less than 50%. I would definitely retake the MCAT if I chose any SMP besides the CHPP.

Since you're retaking the MCAT in June, you can reapply and maybe get an interview/at a school near your home, but with the guarantee that you have the seat at KPCOM in case that doesn't work out. It's a very high risk to turn down a seat if you know you do well vs a "maybe" seat for the same. I hope my insight helps.

If you haven't read it already, #11 on the thread is very insightful in seeing if CHPP is something worthwhile. All the best to you!

Ahhh accepted today! Interviewed 03/29

• Love

CHPP

Other SMP

Thanks so much!!!!
Even if other programs guaranteed interviews and have decent acceptance rates following completion, there are still other hurdles you need to overcome to ensure you are accepted to med school after. Personally, I wanted to minimize any potential risk and the guaranteed seat was what drew me in.

But feel free to PM me, I can answer any questions or address the concerns you have!