Nova Extended Program (Optometry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptoFL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was recently admitted to Nova's 5-year Extended Program for optometry.
I know very little about the program besides the university telling me that most students are very satisfied with it. I was wondering if anyone who is currently in that program now could tell me their feelings about it, and what your daily schedule is like? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I was recently admitted to Nova's 5-year Extended Program for optometry.
I know very little about the program besides the university telling me that most students are very satisfied with it. I was wondering if anyone who is currently in that program now could tell me their feelings about it, and what your daily schedule is like? Thanks so much!

I don't know much about the Program either, but from looking it up, this is what I found:

http://optometry.nova.edu/od/extended-program.html

I assume it's for people who need more acclimation into Optometry school? It seems like the curriculum is the same, just more spread out since it's 5 years vs. 4 years. I hope you find out more about the program though, and congrats on getting in! :)

Could you please let me know your stats on the pre reqs, major and Oat score. My gpa is a 2.9 right now and I will be graduating this May. I am contemplating whether to take classes in the summer as a "post-bacc" or do a 1-2 year Masters program before applying to Optometry school.

Thank you