NOVA in the Fall!

Started by tamathat
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tamathat

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like I'll be traveling to South Florida in '05! Any NOVA students in the know, how does equipment purchase work? Do we need to have it 1st day? Also what color scrubs are the 1st years wearing?
 
tamathat said:
Looks like I'll be traveling to South Florida in '05! Any NOVA students in the know, how does equipment purchase work? Do we need to have it 1st day? Also what color scrubs are the 1st years wearing?

Do first year Opt. students really wear scrubs? Why?

Get to know Janet Leasher, O.D., M.P.H. while there. She's terrific.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We wear scrubs for gross anatomy at UAB. It would be no fun to have street clothes that reek of formaldehyde (it never really washes out); I think you would get some unwelcome stares. At least when you wear scrubs it gives people a clue as to why you smell a little strange. :laugh:
 
xmattODx said:
Do first year Opt. students really wear scrubs? Why?
For what I saw during my interview, at Nova you have two options, you either wear scrubs, or wear a shirt and tie.
 
J.opt said:
For what I saw during my interview, at Nova you have two options, you either wear scrubs, or wear a shirt and tie.


well since i'm not quite avril enough to sport a tie... I guess scrubs it is 😉
 
cpw said:
well since i'm not quite avril enough to sport a tie... I guess scrubs it is 😉
Well, I was actually talking about the men. I don't think ladies have to wear ties 😀
 
dress code at nsu

1. scrubs
2. dress up, shirt/tie... etc

"culture of the school" -- watever that means. 🙄
 
Fin-Nor said:
dress code at nsu

1. scrubs
2. dress up, shirt/tie... etc

"culture of the school" -- watever that means. 🙄


Any info on the equipment? I'd like to start cruising ebay now and maybe save some money buying in advance.