NOVA interview this Friday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gonna be there?

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

i'm going to be there monday-if anyone has any suggestions-i'd greatly appreciate it,,,i haven't heard anything about what interviews are like at NOVA, other then the few posted on interview feedback. any help?? good luck everyone!!! :p :p

I will be there on Oct. 18th. I could also use and advice as well. Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
tigerlily and lala - you have pm's

tae - you have a pm too - sorry for leaving you out!

abw
I am new to this student forum thing. I feel stupid but how do I read the PM you sent me? I am confused how to access it. Thank you soo much!

i'm not sure if there's an easier way, but this is how i get mine - i click on the "pm" box at the bottom of one of my posts (so you would hit the "pm" button within your last post. It brings you to a new page with 6 boxes across the top. on the very left is one that says something like "my vB". click on that and it'll bring you to the pm. hope that helps! if anyone else has an easier way, would you let me know too? i'm pretty new to this site as well

Could you guys tell me the time frame from the time your file was complete till you heard about an interview? Did you get a telephone call? My file was complete the end of September and I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for any info!

Originally posted by marleybfour
Could you guys tell me the time frame from the time your file was complete till you heard about an interview? Did you get a telephone call? My file was complete the end of September and I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks for any info!

The turn around time was about a month, and I got the invite via phone call.

- Tae

abw,
I just send you a pm because I never got the PM you sent me. Do you think you could try it again? Thank you soo much
Lauren

Thanks Tae. I'll stop staring at the phone then!...at least for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got an interview at nova for nov. 1st..... anyone else gonna be there? any advice?

Originally posted by jd star
i just got an interview at nova for nov. 1st..... anyone else gonna be there? any advice?

I just sent you the PM that abw was nice enough to send to me.

- Tae

Tae,
Would you be able to send me the PM from abw? I never received it and I could use all the help about the nova interview. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!:)

Man enough of this PM stuff. Just lay it out in the open (unless of course you're going to badmouth NSUCOM).

I interviewed... oh wow 4 years ago... (i'm a 4th year now) I interviewed a few days before Halloween. You will either be in the morning group or the afternoon group. I think its like 6-8 or so a group. I was in the afternoon group. You'll show up and meet Dean Silvagni, he will give a little schpiel to you guys, and then you will get a tour of the campus, by a 1st year medical student. Then you will sit in the waiting room and be called back to be interviewed. Usually, you'll have a clinician or two, an administrator, and a basic science prof.
I had two clinicians and a hospital administrator. Some people get Dr. Terry, others get other big wigs. They'll ask you... just... interview questions. Sometimes they'll ask about your personal statement, or something interesting in your application... or just the general interview questions. My interview lasted the SHORTEST... like, less than 20 minutes. I didn't think I got in but I got an acceptance letter shortly thereafter...

If i remember correctly, there was a great website (this is REALLY going far back), that involved interview feedback and what-not... people logged on to give their experiences with all the medical school interviews. Can't remember the name... www.interviewfeedback.com? Sorry, you'll have to do a Google search to find it. I coudl do that now but its 1:34 AM and I need to get some sleep.
Q
Good luck! Any other ?s feel free to ask.

lala - i sent another pm to you.

the reason for all the pm's is that when i went for my interview, Miss cawley (?did i get the name right?) said she reads over this site to see what everyone says. I actually loved the school - i wasn't really considering it before the interview, but now it's by far my first choice. I didn't want to post bc I have the tendency to mean something but have it come out the wrong way, so i just didn't want to stick my foot in my mouth and mess up any chance i have to get in. Just didn't want you to think i was badmouthing your school quinn!

Hey everyone....this is my first time using this site....my name is Jamie.

I have an interview at NOVA on Nov. 15th...anyone else at that time?....could someone that knows about the interview there let me know what to expect?

I also have these interviews if anyone has any info or comments:

LECOM - Oct. 21st
OUCOM - Oct. 29th
KCOM - Nov. 8th

Good luck everyone....in this miserable, but exciting process.

Thank you tkim and abw!!:):)

First of all, let me just congratulate you all on receiving interviews at NOVA! I was so psyched when I got mine... So, I know you're excited and full of apprehension and questions.

If you weren't aware already, the M1's at NSUCOM have a website (www.nsucom2006.com) which has a wealth of information, pictures, and links that will familiarize you with NOVA. There are also message forums where we communicate when we're not in class. The forums include a pre-med area where you can post any and all of your questions. You should definitely check that out!

If you have any specific questions about NOVA, med school, or the interview day, let me know...

Good luck,
Missy :)

Oh, almost forgot...

On your interview day, take time to look around on your own and talk to as many students as possible. And, have fun...!

Missy

Listen to Missy guys, she is very wise. I too am an M1, and that website really is a great tool for you guys to be using. One thing you'll find about NOVA is that people are actually happy. You won't walk into many med schools and see people actually smiling. Talk to med students we're friendly, we're cute, and would love to take a few minutes off of thinking about histology to give you guys advice. I certainly would. Good luck on your interviews and don't be afraid to ask questions.

--Michael

I just came back from dining at the lovely Waterfall Cafe downstairs. Thursday's all-you-can-eat BBQ ribs. Heh.

The lobby has a lovely horsey waterfall thingy that I'm too self-conscious to go and take a picture of right now, but I did take one of my room ... which I'm having major probs posting now.

The place is pretty nice. Too bad I'm only here to sleep.

Looking over my notes and having a nip from my sporran flask. Wish me luck all, and I'll post about my interview post-interview.

- Tae

And I posted my interview feedback. My experience was pretty close to what others posted. I left the interview having no idea whether I have a chance or not. But we'll see in a couple of weeks.

If anyone has any specific questions for me after reading my feedback, I will be happy to answer. I'm not too inclined to give a blow-by-blow of my interview, since it may vary a lot with anyone else's experience. But the feedback again, was pretty good.

- Tae

Hi all,
I inteviewed at Nova last tuesday. Its funny that I got th impression that students there weren't too happy.but then again its based on one day. Anyhow, the interviewers were real friendly, casual. good luck to all.

I interviewed there earlier this month. I had a great interview...it was relaxing and informative. I had a chance to ask alot of questions. They weren't aware of some volunteer experience I indicated on my secondary...so make sure if there's something important you want the interviewers to know, make sure YOU mention it. All of the staff and students were very friendly...Fern was great...I still have the good luck candy tucked away. Hope this helps.

osteopeddoc,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt the students at NOVA were unhappy when you interviewed. I can assure you that this is generally not the case. However, if you met *me* on Tuesday, (and I'm speaking only for myself), I spent most of the day recovering from lack of sleep (gross anatomy exam) and a late-night indulgence in hops....

Overall, though, I hope your exeperience was good....

And, good luck to you lusitania, I'm glad to hear things went well. Interview day is all about letting the school know how much they need you!

I should be studying histo...
Missy :)