You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NOVA interview...
Started by angelb
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I agree...it was very friendly and informal (but don't forget to dress appropriately).
Also, here's a tip: If you're lucky enough to get an elderly gentleman with a northern accent as one of your interviewers, keep in mind that he DETESTS corportations (like lens crafters or wal-mart). If he asks you what you plan on doing after u get your degree make sure you don't say, "I wanna get a lease at WAL-MART!🙂"
Also, here's a tip: If you're lucky enough to get an elderly gentleman with a northern accent as one of your interviewers, keep in mind that he DETESTS corportations (like lens crafters or wal-mart). If he asks you what you plan on doing after u get your degree make sure you don't say, "I wanna get a lease at WAL-MART!🙂"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm also interviewing at NOVA in January. I was wondering if there are any students out there that would like to host my friend and I. We will be coming for a couple days and would like to try and save money by not stayin at a hotel. Plus it'd be cool to get a feel for what optometry students do in Ft. Lauderdale 😛 My email is [email protected]
angelb said:soooo... i have an interview coming up at nova.. and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what its like (format, length, things like that)... was it a pleasant experience overall? I'd appreciate any comments you have. 🙂 THANKS!
I had an interview at Nova last Thursday. I thought they were very welcoming and very relaxed about the whole interviewing process. By the time I had my interview, it was already 6:45pm, so the interviewers looked a little exhausted. My interview took about 15 minutes and I felt very confident after I left there. You shouldn't be too worried.
MikeD said:Sorry kind of off topic question...As far as letters of recommendation goes...Is there a substitute for 1 letter from a social science? I have 3 letters from science profs but I dont have one for social science. thanks
I didn't really follow the directions for the letters of rec. I had 2 from optometrists and one from a professor, and I still got called for an interview. So I don't think you should have a problem.
I went for interview at NOVA last month. I thought the school (building itself) was outstanding. There is a lady there named Fran who is very very helpful. If you have any questions, ask her. Be prepared for the usual interview questions.
When you have the meeting with the dean, make sure and ask him about the passing rate for the boards regarding NOVA. There low percentage is what turns me away from NOVA, but we will see.
When you have the meeting with the dean, make sure and ask him about the passing rate for the boards regarding NOVA. There low percentage is what turns me away from NOVA, but we will see.
xpothosx said:I went for interview at NOVA last month. I thought the school (building itself) was outstanding. There is a lady there named Fran who is very very helpful. If you have any questions, ask her. Be prepared for the usual interview questions.
When you have the meeting with the dean, make sure and ask him about the passing rate for the boards regarding NOVA. There low percentage is what turns me away from NOVA, but we will see.
What are your stats xpothosx and rocksurfSD?
Did Fran offer you candy, show off her troll doll, and talk about her babies? LOLxpothosx said:I went for interview at NOVA last month. I thought the school (building itself) was outstanding. There is a lady there named Fran who is very very helpful. If you have any questions, ask her. Be prepared for the usual interview questions.
When you have the meeting with the dean, make sure and ask him about the passing rate for the boards regarding NOVA. There low percentage is what turns me away from NOVA, but we will see.
My first experience with her, she was really off the wall. Looking back, it was funny as anything.