Nova Mbs Post Bacc???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the info. I know that Midwestern has the Pharmacy school and DO school. I will check it out

Members don't see this ad.

Aleright everyone, the interview itself was not too bad at all! Just be prepared to respond to questions like..."why these grades, DAT etc.... Besides that, they just really wanna get to know you. But ouch, its expensive!!!!! 24K just in tuition!!Good luck, if you have any other question just PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed yet? My buddy wants to know, thanks! :clap:

My interiew for the MBS Program came in today; it is for 4/26 ... like in 9 days... i cant wait.

Anyone else heard news?

They told me that no one will be accepted before may 15th. That their rule is to review all applications prior to accepting anyone. So even if we interview, were gonna playing the "waiting" game.

Comet, good luck on your interview tommorrow. Can you tell us how it went and what they told you about the admissions process dates?

doc3341 said:
Aleright everyone, the interview itself was not too bad at all! Just be prepared to respond to questions like..."why these grades, DAT etc.... Besides that, they just really wanna get to know you. But ouch, its expensive!!!!! 24K just in tuition!!Good luck, if you have any other question just PM me.
$24K tuition for postbac, is this worth getting to dental school through this path? what guarantees does the student get?

Mo007 said:
$24K tuition for postbac, is this worth getting to dental school through this path? what guarantees does the student get?

None!

Bust your ass to make good grades and begin to network at the dental school. Try to get to know some people that have some influence. Getting to know students is ok but it will not help you much in the "who you know" game. Not sure to the truth of this statement, but I was told if you know the "right" people at Nova dental, you should have a damn good shot at getting in. Try to PM Yah-e, he seems to know a lot about the school and ask him who the power faculty is at the school and then email those people and ask for help. And be honest when you ask them. Say you are interested in the dental program (which is evident since you are doing another degree) and would like to get to know them and the program better

Good luck :luck:

So how many students does Nova accept from their postbac program to their DMD program?

Mo007 said:
So how many students does Nova accept from their postbac program to their DMD program

5 for the pre-dental. 20 for the pre-med.

how many of the 5 pre-dental postbacs make it to the DMD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mo007 said:
how many of the 5 pre-dental postbacs make it to the DMD program?

All make it as long as they maintain atleast a B- in each class.

Everyone needs at least an 80% in the classes taken.

Has anyone else gotten an interview from them???

doc3341 said:
Everyone needs at least an 80% in the classes taken.
Doesn't sound so bad, but $24K for the year - Ouch!

I just met your buddy at the interview. He is cool. I hope both of us get in!

JRogoff said:
Has anyone interviewed yet? My buddy wants to know, thanks! :clap:

Comet208 said:
I just met your buddy at the interview. He is cool. I hope both of us get in!

You met Diego? Awesome man! I hope you both did well and got in and i hope to see you both in my classes this comming semester!

So tell me how it went?

you have a pm JR

I have 4 fellow D-1 classmates who were in the MBS program last year.

You need at least a B in each class to get into the dental program...If you get an A then you don't have to retake the class when you begin your D-1 year (which is really nice cause you won't have such a heavy load your first year...of course that all changes with the second year)...but if you get a C then you are out of luck. you do have to interview like everyone else before you enter the dental program but it is really a way for the school to get to know you.

If you do get accepted just keep on top of all your classes. This semester the nightmare class is physiology (after 4 exams there are 15 people failing... optometry has 17 people failing...thank god we have 1 exam left)...it is a little harder with the MBS program-remember that you need at least a B so just stay on top of things...

I called today to make sure all my application materials were in, since the deadline is May 15. I asked them when we should all be hearing anything, and they said that we should all know by "the end of May, beginning of June." And that the admissions committe has only met ONE time since they started interviewing.
_Just thought you all would like to know!

:eek:

thanks doc. I wonder if they are going to keep interviewing or if they have done all their interviewing.

I have no idea if theyre gonna keep interviewing or not. Your best bet is to probably just call and ask. Best of luck

I think i heard somewhere that they interview till mid May..which is now...

Doc3341, probably the adcom has met only once since they want to interview everyone and select the lucky ones in one sitting. also, Dr. Dribin has been out for a while but she will be back on the 17th...

End of may is only 2 weeks away and i am starting to feel like Dec 1st is approaching.. (when pre-dents hear whether they got in or not)

Good luck to everyone

Thats good to know that Dr. Dribin wont be back untill then. Do you know when she left? I wonder if they have interviewed anyone without her?? Today was the official application deadline!!! So hopefully theyll start to figure out who gets in soon. :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

[QUOTE=Comet208]GULP!! :scared:[/QUOTE]

I second that! :eek:

I guess no one has heard anything yet?>!?!???

Well, doc, i guess you and I were the only ones on here selected for interviews... i faxed my sprinng semester grades to Doreen today and she said she will show them to Su-Ann and Dr. Dribin. I just cant wait for "early June" to get the final word.

p.s: have you thought of where you'll live if you get accepted?

best of luck

i GUESS SO...i HAVENT SENT MY SPRING GRADES YET. i HAVE TOGET ON TOP OF THAT. BUT YEA THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

:hungover: :hungover: :hungover: :hungover: Accepted Yesterday, Via Phone Call!!!!!! :hungover: :hungover: :hungover:

Congrats! Get ready to work hard! The MBS program will provide you great opportunities as well as rewards!

:thumbup:

^^^

Congrats as well. I just talked to my friend Diego and he got in too! That 2/5 sports accounted for, hopefully comet is the 3RD!

Congrats Doc..

J, say congrats to Diego for me too.. BTW, do you know how he found out???

I hope to be the 3rd, as you said!

Comet, I'm not sure how he found out because i havn't actually talked to him yet, he left me a message on my cell. As soon as i know i will post. Keep your fingers crossed, you should know soon enough!

^^^

Just talked to Diego, he found out yesterday via phone.

very interesting... when i called today, i was told no decison on any application has been made yet!!

My guess is that they might have only called those in Florida. I hope!

JRogoff said:
^^^

Congrats as well. I just talked to my friend Diego and he got in too! That 2/5 sports accounted for, hopefully comet is the 3RD!

Actually, 1/5 predent, 1/20 pre med. Im a pre med student just posting on this website because no one else seems to know about it!! Better news for you guys :D :D

^^^

Didn't know you were going for med, good news for comet!

I personally know couple people have been denied already for the dental MBS applicants. News will come soon!

I talked to a friend of mine who is appying for the pre-dent spot, and he said, that they are actually admitting 8 predent instead of 5 beacuse soooo many people applied.

How long is MBS program? Also, how much does it cost including tuition/living expenses?

GULP!!! while i try to encourage the butterflies in my stomach to remain calm...

I had heard that MAYBE they let in 6 instead of 5 IF they dont get enough pre-meds. Now, 8 is great news :)

Andy, would you know if i am among those unlucky people or not???

>>>><<<<

uh.. i thought the game was over!!