Nova or Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingame

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright I am apply to 14 schools now and only want to apply to 1 more either ASDOH or Nova.

I have a 3.5 taking the dat on june 6th and have done over 100 hours of community service and 60 hours of shadowing. I tried asking about arizona but only got 1 reply so being from ohio do you think I should apply to either? Thanks

Hopefully people that have interviewed at either can give me the run down of what they thought. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Not really sure about Nova. I applied there once and got rejected fairly quickly. Im from AZ and interviewed at ASDOH twice. I only had about 150 hours of community service at the time. I have heard on one of the other threads thats Nova starts interviews very early (august), and I applied in september which may have been too late. On the other hand I was still able to get interviews at ASDOH that late in the cycle.

For arizona, ppl here are talking about how much they care about volunteering. Does anyone know if they are only talking about clinical volunteering? or combination of other volunteering opportunities such as TAing and other community services?

Members don't see this ad :)
why not both?

if you're not all that interested in either schools, i guess pick nova. save your time because asdoh requires a secondary.

Alright I am apply to 14 schools now and only want to apply to 1 more either ASDOH or Nova.

I have a 3.5 taking the dat on june 6th and have done over 100 hours of community service and 60 hours of shadowing. I tried asking about arizona but only got 1 reply so being from ohio do you think I should apply to either? Thanks

Hopefully people that have interviewed at either can give me the run down of what they thought. Thanks

Apply to both! I had early interviews for 2 cycles at ASDOH and did not get accepted either time. Interviewed at NOVA and got accepted. Don't exactly know what ASDOH is looking for. Thought I was a shoe-in both times. I was an Arizona native, but not currently living in AZ at the time of interviews and non-LDS applicant. Maybe I didn't have enough volunteer time.

My best friend and 3 other friends of mine are going to Nova southeastern. My friend's brother had a 3.2 GPA and a 23 on his DATs, and he went to talk to someone to refer him since he had a connection. The head of the council told him that they wouldn't even consider looking at an application with a 3.6 or lower gpa!!!
Again this is what he told me, do more research for yourself and find out. You might wanna call them and ask them directly! But I'd say ASDOH is a better chance since they don't only focus on gpa!!!

My best friend and 3 other friends of mine are going to Nova southeastern. My friend's brother had a 3.2 GPA and a 23 on his DATs, and he went to talk to someone to refer him since he had a connection. The head of the council told him that they wouldn't even consider looking at an application with a 3.6 or lower gpa!!!
Again this is what he told me, do more research for yourself and find out. You might wanna call them and ask them directly! But I'd say ASDOH is a better chance since they don't only focus on gpa!!!

I think that was a little exaggerated; predents.com shows accepted applicants lower than the 3.6. I'm not sure who the head of council was for your friend, but I've spoken to Dr.Lippman and he didn't seem like those under a 3.6 weren't considered, and he was pretty blunt about everything I asked (gpa, entrance things, etc).

I think that was a little exaggerated; predents.com shows accepted applicants lower than the 3.6. I'm not sure who the head of council was for your friend, but I've spoken to Dr.Lippman and he didn't seem like those under a 3.6 weren't considered, and he was pretty blunt about everything I asked (gpa, entrance things, etc).

Again, I did say that's what I've heard!!! Actually Dr. Lippman is who told him that! I spoke with Sue Ann (in admissions) when I was in Florida last August and she really emphasized on high gpa! My best friend just finished his second year and is starting clinic this month at Nova. I'm gonna have him talk to Dr. Lippman and make sure if that's true or not! But as far as I know Nova really cares about gpa!!!

Again, I did say that's what I've heard!!! Actually Dr. Lippman is who told him that! I spoke with Sue Ann (in admissions) when I was in Florida last August and she really emphasized on high gpa! My best friend just finished his second year and is starting clinic this month at Nova. I'm gonna have him talk to Dr. Lippman and make sure if that's true or not! But as far as I know Nova really cares about gpa!!!

Oh yes, for sure the Gpa is emphasized, no doubt about that.
When you contact Dr. Lippman and ask, update me/us on what he says -- I'm really curious!

Oh yes, for sure the Gpa is emphasized, no doubt about that.
When you contact Dr. Lippman and ask, update me/us on what he says -- I'm really curious!

My friend is in AZ right now visiting. But once he goes back next week, I'll have him ask Dr. Lippman. He knows him pretty well.

Will keep you posted!

Apply to both! I had early interviews for 2 cycles at ASDOH and did not get accepted either time. Interviewed at NOVA and got accepted. Don't exactly know what ASDOH is looking for. Thought I was a shoe-in both times. I was an Arizona native, but not currently living in AZ at the time of interviews and non-LDS applicant. Maybe I didn't have enough volunteer time.

I know I'm off topic BUT I like how you added "non-LDS applicant"! I live in Mesa and word on the street is that the school use to consider the two year LDS mission work as volunteer/community service which is why the first few classes have a large population of LDS students. But I don't think they do that anymore.