• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bigbob80

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
In this book, are the samples questions and passage questions similar to the MCAT? Are the questions easier or harder than the real MCAT?

Barfalamule

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The book is 16 Chapters of Physics. It has discrete questions followed by passage-based questions(like the MCAT) for each chapter. This book is about concepts and there aren't enough passage-based problems to really give it a MCAT feel. I chose this book over Examkrackers because I wanted that in-depth coverage. I only wish it was in color.

Raindrop423

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I agree with the above - I've just started using this book myself, and there really aren't that many passages, compared to other books that are out there. However, I'm finding it extremely helpful so far. Each chapter is explained in simple and manageable terms, and the problems at the end work you up from very simple to a few passages; I really strongly dislike physics (I'm even a little scared of it) and I've been finding that the way this book is set up gives me some much-needed confidence.

booji

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
Yeah I was wondering about this book as well. I have heard that this book is really good for physics. Any opinions will be much appreciated.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.