1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Nova south east U,

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tmac01, May 5, 2007.

1. tmac01

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys,

Im really considering Nova in Ft. Lauderdale. I love the location and Nova seems like an excellent school. For those of you that got accepted to their program is it true that every time you visit their school they take note of it somewhere. Also what are my chances of getting in. I have a 92 PCAT however, I did really poorly on the verbal ~ 56. My overall GPA is only 3.25 but after this semester and summer I hope to bring it up to around a 3.4. I only have around 6 months of retail Pharm Tech experience and I have about 4 months of volunteer hospital pharmacy experience. I want honest opinions and I love constructive criticism. Also if anyone has any advice on what else I can do to increase my chances of acceptance please let me know.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. longnguyen

longnguyen Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pharmacy Student
    You have very good chance to get accepted with those stats.

4. PharmDJH

PharmDJH Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    With those stats i'm pretty sure you get in fine. I applied this year with a 3.6 and 82 on the PCAT and got accepted. But choose UF over NOVA

5. aboveliquidice

aboveliquidice No sacrifice - No victory
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    just a heads up... Its Nova Southeastern University... hahahah - I used to work for the school - If you have a chance, go and shadow a student for a day at both schools. After a careful comparision, you might think differently. I have worked for NSU - and I now work at Shands Hospital at UF (where UF's COP is) - I have seen a couple of differences in the school and their approach to clinical pharmacy.

Good luck to you...

~above~