NOVA Southeastern Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RhinoDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else get accepted to NOVA this morning?? I wasn't expecting to heat back until late October!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody else get accepted to NOVA this morning?? I wasn't expecting to heat back until late October!
Congrats! If you dont mind, how long did you wait? From point of verified application to now?

Congrats! If you dont mind, how long did you wait? From point of verified application to now?
Thanks! My application was verified and received by NOVA on the same day. I believe the day it was verified was the 25 of August and I got my acceptance this morning (09-22). Very surprised I heard back so quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to NOVA Tampa a couple days ago. I haven't put down a deposit yet, but probably will. Still hoping I could get into some other schools. Still happy that I got accepted from at least one program! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm curious to know what you all wrote as a response to the supplemental questions? It doesn't need to be specific, but I don't know what I should say to the first one it just seems odd to me...

-If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?

-Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.

I'm curious to know what you all wrote as a response to the supplemental questions? It doesn't need to be specific, but I don't know what I should say to the first one it just seems odd to me...

-If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?

-Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.
For the first question, I didn't mention anything about my intentions on being accepted by other schools or my reasons why I wouldn't choose NSU. I only talked about the reasons why I would choose to attend NSU, what I feel NSU can offer me and why I would be a valuable part to their program.

For the special circumstances, I felt to be pretty open ended and was a chance to talk about things you may not have got to talk about in your personal statement. Maybe talk about certain circumstances during a period of your life where your grades suffered and how you've overcame that now. Or just talk about yourself so the admissions committee get to know you better. With so many applicants, it's good to show your personality and make them feel they know what you're about. Hope these tips help!

Reactions: 1 user
For the first question, I didn't mention anything about my intentions on being accepted by other schools or my reasons why I wouldn't choose NSU. I only talked about the reasons why I would choose to attend NSU, what I feel NSU can offer me and why I would be a valuable part to their program.

For the special circumstances, I felt to be pretty open ended and was a chance to talk about things you may not have got to talk about in your personal statement. Maybe talk about certain circumstances during a period of your life where your grades suffered and how you've overcame that now. Or just talk about yourself so the admissions committee get to know you better. With so many applicants, it's good to show your personality and make them feel they know what you're about. Hope these tips help!

Thanks for the reply! In regards to your acceptance, how long do you get before you have to make a decision? I know since it is rolling admissions they will likely give acceptances out before other schools have made a decision...

Thanks for the reply! In regards to your acceptance, how long do you get before you have to make a decision? I know since it is rolling admissions they will likely give acceptances out before other schools have made a decision...
I was accepted within a month of them receiving my materials if that helps. Right now if they are really interested, it could be a matter if weeks.

I got accepted to the Ft. Lauderdale campus on the 23rd and they gave me until the 13 of October to deposite my $1000 deposit.

I was accepted within a month of them receiving my materials if that helps. Right now if they are really interested, it could be a matter if weeks.

How long after you submitted your supplemental app did you hear back?

Has anyone else been waiting for their supplemental application? My ptcas app has been verified for almost 2 weeks and still nothing from nova

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted were you just accepted or did they do an interview?

I submitted my supplemental online app 9/26 and they received my GRE score on 10/2... just waiting anxiously now :xf:

If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?

Hey everyone! I just called Nova asking about my application status and they said we should hear from them soon since they are starting to "wrap it up" (I'm assuming the admissions process) I hope that helps.

I was accepted into Nova Tampa campus yesterday! Good luck everyone!

Just got an acceptance email for Fort Lauderdale campus!!

Reactions: 3 users
University: UCF
cGPA: 3.21 (PTCAS)
pGPA: 3.6
GRE: 152q 155v 4.0w, 159q 157v 4.0w
Observation hours: 50 geriatrics, 150 pediatrics, 50 inpatient, 500 outpatient (currently working as an aide)

I chalk it up to my essay, worked on it for like 2 months. I also scheduled a tour at Nova back in May, which I think may have also helped.

Observation hours: 50 geriatrics, 150 pediatrics, 50 inpatient, 500 outpatient (currently working as an aide)

I chalk it up to my essay, worked on it for like 2 months. I also scheduled a tour at Nova back in May, which I think may have also helped.
When did you have your app and supplement submitted? Just trying get the time frame that we're at right now

I submitted my PTCAS on 7/31 and supplemental on 8/7

I received the supplemental application early this month after my application was finally processed. Unfortunately I got like 4 (I applied to 11 schools) of these at the same time and I'm in-season in addition to school so it slipped my mind to fill it out. Is it still worth filling out and paying the $50 app fee or do you think that all of the offers have been sent out? I have pretty competitive stats.

I received the supplemental application early this month after my application was finally processed. Unfortunately I got like 4 (I applied to 11 schools) of these at the same time and I'm in-season in addition to school so it slipped my mind to fill it out. Is it still worth filling out and paying the $50 app fee or do you think that all of the offers have been sent out? I have pretty competitive stats.
I doubt that they've filled out all their spots yet or else we'd all be getting e-mails about being on the waitlist or rejected and such so I don't think it could hurt just finish it ASAP

Just got accepted into NOVA Fort Lauderdale via email. The letter was dated 10/28 but I received the email today (10/30). My PTCAS was verified 9/10 and supplemental sent 9/11

Reactions: 2 users
NOVA does rolling admissions, meaning they will send out acceptance letters when they find applicants they want. People will accept and then later on decline their spot and when that happens a new letter will go out to someone else. There are some people that get in the week before classes start so honestly its never too late, so if you have a competitive application it's worth submitting if you're interested in the program.

For any accepted students there has been a Facebook page created for you. The name of the page is "NSU DPT Accepted Students Class of 2019".

For any accepted students there has been a Facebook page created for you. The name of the page is "NSU DPT Accepted Students Class of 2019".
I cant find the page. Could you post the link pleaseee?

I just got mine in the mail today! Congratulations! :)

Does the status change on the online portal after you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected?

Does the status change on the online portal after you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected?
If you are referring to the PTCAS portal, I do not believe it is updated. I have been accepted to three schools so far (one being NOVA Ft. Lauderdale) and my portal still says pending online.

If you are referring to the PTCAS portal, I do not believe it is updated. I have been accepted to three schools so far (one being NOVA Ft. Lauderdale) and my portal still says pending online.
No I was referring to the one for the NSU application

I got accepted to NSU in Fort Lauderdale last week!

Accepted to NSU Fort Lauderdale on 11/11!!!

I haven't had a chance to take a tour of Nova, would you mind telling me a little about the program and what you thought of the tour?

I just had a phone interview with the Tampa campus today. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after that??

I just had a phone interview with the Tampa campus today. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after that??
I believe in my case, it took a week for them to hear back. But I've also heard of cases where some people heard back the next day. So I'm assuming you will hear back relatively quickly.

On Wednesday I got a super exciting email (to my school email) saying that I was accepted to NSU, but then on Thursday I received two emails (to my normal email), one thanking me for applying, and the other that they received a transcript and thank you for your interest...did anyone else who was accepted get semi-confusing emails as well? And the fact that there has been communication to two email addresses I found a little strange.

It is making me question if they made a mistake by accepting me..which is a terrible feeling, because I want to be excited, but I don't want to get too excited if it turns out that something went wrong.

On Wednesday I got a super exciting email (to my school email) saying that I was accepted to NSU, but then on Thursday I received two emails (to my normal email), one thanking me for applying, and the other that they received a transcript and thank you for your interest...did anyone else who was accepted get semi-confusing emails as well? And the fact that there has been communication to two email addresses I found a little strange.

It is making me question if they made a mistake by accepting me..which is a terrible feeling, because I want to be excited, but I don't want to get too excited if it turns out that something went wrong.

Did the" thank you for applying" or other email indicate in them that you did not get accepted? I think they have several automated emails that go out to applicants so I wonder if thats what they are, did you receive any other emails on your school account? Honestly I would send an email from the one you got accepted on and just confirm and explain the situation with the multiple emails that was you know for sure. (any have them remove one of the email addresses from their records that way you won't miss any other correspondence)

I got accepted to Tampa
Are you going to go there? (I was also accepted) I know a lot of people decide later to attend a different campus. I am definitely going to attend Nova-Tampa its close enough to me where I wont have to move.

I heard back the next day but they told me after my interview it could take up to 2 weeks for them to decide.

Are you going to go there? (I was also accepted) I know a lot of people decide later to attend a different campus. I am definitely going to attend Nova-Tampa its close enough to me where I wont have to move.
As of right now, I am, but I am still waiting to hear back from some other schools. But for now, it looks like we're classmates! :)

I was accepted to the Ft Lauderdale campus a few weeks ago, but I don't know much about the school. Can someone tell me a little bit about the program's reputation, out of classroom experiences offered (volunteer clinics etc.), how future employers consider the school, and what the housing situation is like?
Thanks!