You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern DPT Class of 2016
Started by allidpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks! I didn't have a phone interview.. supposedly they only do those for the Tampa hybrid program. I submitted my PTCAS application at the beginning of October and my supplemental on October 12th so I found out exactly a month later. When did you send everything in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck!! I'm on Long Island.. where in NJ are you? Thinking it would be nice to escape the cold and be in Florida for a few years 🙂
Where on Long Island? I was born in Brookhaven! It's like exit 66 off the LIE. I live in union nj now.
Hey if you guys are applying to NSU and they ask you about the Tampa program, take a look at it. I'm in my 5th semester and really love the small classes, hands-on labs and personal attention. My advisor calls me just to SAY HI!! And there is a lot going on at the campus, if you choose to move to Tampa. I live in Orlando and drive for the condensed weekends (4 days a month in one block).
There is a virtual open house if you want to see what it's like:
http://www.nova.edu/chcs/pt/dpt/distance/index.html
Carolyn. Maybe I'll see some of you next year on campus! Feel free to reach out if you have questions for me.
There is a virtual open house if you want to see what it's like:
http://www.nova.edu/chcs/pt/dpt/distance/index.html
Carolyn. Maybe I'll see some of you next year on campus! Feel free to reach out if you have questions for me.
I'm in Huntington..about an hour from Brookhaven. Did you apply to NY schools too? Just found out I got into NYIT! Still think I'm set on Nova..Where on Long Island? I was born in Brookhaven! It's like exit 66 off the LIE. I live in union nj now.
I'm in Huntington..about an hour from Brookhaven. Did you apply to NY schools too? Just found out I got into NYIT! Still think I'm set on Nova..
I applied to LIU Brooklyn then UMDNJ in jersey and Stockton in jersey. But I definitely wanna go to Florida for a few years!
Yay congrats! I have heard great things about the school/program too and I am very excited. I will be going down to visit in January and am looking forward to meeting some of the staff.Congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted. I recently got accepted to the FT. Lauderdale Campus as well. I can't wait to start and to meet everyone. I've heard nothing about great things about the school, fueling my excitement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone started a fb group for Nova's DPT class of 2016. Here's the link! https://www.facebook.com/groups/391127737629728/
I was accepted to NSU today. Congrats to those of you that also have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting. I was surprised there wasn't an interview process. I actually came across this forum looking for reviews and threads of current/past students and knowledgeable sources. I am from Tennessee and know very little about NSU. The pictures look amazing but I was curious about the curriculum and faculty. How does the cost at NSU compare to other schools y'all have applied to? I see a few of you claim to have heard nothing but good things. Would you mind sharing a little about what you know or have heard? I was very excited to get my acceptance letter today and hope to see y'all this summer.
Congrats! Everything I know about NSU has come from conversations with current DPT students there. And I have only heard good things. I am going down next month for their PT VIP access session where I'm assuming I will find out more about the program itself. I will let you know how it goes! For me, the cost is less than the other schools I have applied to (mostly in NY). It is the same for in and out of state students, around $26000 a year. If you join the facebook group, one of the current students wrote on the wall that she is available to answer any questions so I'm sure she can be more of a help!
I got in a while ago, but didn't know about the Facebook Group. What is it called?
Here's the link! https://www.facebook.com/groups/391127737629728/
Hey everyone. My name is Brad and I'm the current President of the Class of 2014 at Nova. if you all have any questions that you want a personal answer to, feel free to email me at [email protected] or find me on facebook (Brad Dunlap).
To answer the GRE question, Nova really does a good job at looking at the whole application (GPA, GRE, recommendations, essays, etc.) so if you're weak in one area, it's not a huge concern. I had a low pre-requisite GPA, but high GRE scores and good recommendations. Nova really likes well rounded students and not just people who are good test takers.
To answer the GRE question, Nova really does a good job at looking at the whole application (GPA, GRE, recommendations, essays, etc.) so if you're weak in one area, it's not a huge concern. I had a low pre-requisite GPA, but high GRE scores and good recommendations. Nova really likes well rounded students and not just people who are good test takers.
Just got an email today from Nova admission saying their class is full and all other applicaitons are "pending". disappointing, wondering if anyone has some insight into what chances there still might be for admission.
When did you submit your app? I did it on 11/26 and heard nothing from NOVA yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email today from Nova admission saying their class is full and all other applicaitons are "pending". disappointing, wondering if anyone has some insight into what chances there still might be for admission.
I havent even heard one thing from Nova at all since I submitted my application. :/
Still no word- reject or wait list from Nova. Anyone else received response recently? wondering when their cut off is for registration.
I finally got my rejection in the mail last week :/
for those of you wait listed to Nova. Im going there and got a phone call today. they wanted to double check to make sure i was coming (im assuming they did this for everyone who put down their deposit?) looks like they are making their final calls. maybe some of the people they called today will be backing out. so if good info is coming, it may be coming soon! best of luck to you all 🙂
was wondering about stats for those who were accepted or not.
I was rejected from NOVA on 1/29 without any interview offer.
my stats are
cum GPA: 3.72
pre GPA:3.66
observation hrs:>640
GRE:V/152, Q/165
I was rejected from NOVA on 1/29 without any interview offer.
my stats are
cum GPA: 3.72
pre GPA:3.66
observation hrs:>640
GRE:V/152, Q/165
Those are good stats, I don't get it. This whole process and how these decisions are made is tough to understand. 😕
Hey everyone. My name is Brad and I'm the current President of the Class of 2014 at Nova. if you all have any questions that you want a personal answer to, feel free to email me at [email protected] or find me on facebook (Brad Dunlap).
If Brad is still on board, was wondering if he had any input into whether or not there is any chance of getting off "pending" list.
I also have not received any word from Nova since sending my application in months ago. They are one of the last schools I am still waiting to hear back from.
Hey everyone! I got a letter from Nova the other day saying my application is on "Hold", which I believe means that if someone drops then they will review my application. I emailed the admissions person not too long ago and she said they have a waiting list also, but there are more applications on hold that are actually stronger then their wating list. Kinda confusing, but hope that helps!
So, wait. There's a hold list AND a waiting list? Now I'm confused too. I got a letter by snail mail about a week ago saying I was a "hold" candidate.
Yes, from what I understand there is a hold list and waiting list. The admissions lady told me that there are a lot of candidates on the hold list that are stonger than on the waiting list. Basically, they have rolling admissions so thats why were on hold I believe, because they filled the class before our applications were reviewed.
I was rejected from NOVA on 1/29 without any interview offer.
my stats are
cum GPA: 3.72
pre GPA:3.66
observation hrs:>640
GRE:V/152, Q/165
This is mind boggling, what were the weaknesses in your application in your opinion?
Joe 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is mind boggling, what were the weaknesses in your application in your opinion?
Joe 😱
Oh well.. I wish I knew. I thought I could have a chance to be interviewed at least.
Weaknesses?
This is mind boggling, what were the weaknesses in your application in your opinion?
Joe 😱
Weaknesses?
Actually, I had low AW score on GRE which is 3.0. That is the reason why I was rejected from other schools like Arcadia University. You can check out my stats in detail on sticky theread.
New information here http://www.nova.edu/chcs/pt/orientation/ and the tentative schedule on the right of the page!