Nova Southeastern MBS Program 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Last time I spoke to Dr. Dribin she said that no one accepted denied the offer. She said in past years the most number of students accepted from the alternate list was 5 students. But let's stay positive maybe people accepted will get into medical school and we all can get in lol!

Reactions: 2 users
still haven't heard from waitlist. its coming time to apply to the medical college. hope they get back soon

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who was in the program this year give me some information regarding it...
Do they favor their masters students who are wanting to go into their osteopathic/dental programs...if so how many students get accepted into it from their masters program. I don't believe there are any linkage programs out there but from what I've read Nova is kind of like one.
How do you feel the curriculum is in preparing you for a doctorate?
The cost of this program is quite a bit more then many of the other masters programs around the nation, any clues as to why?

hey all! just wondering, what are you stats for applying to the program? I have a terribly low MCAT but my extracurriculars and gpa are very good. I'm wodnering if i should retake my MCAT in may but applications will be closed by then. Do they weigh heavily on your MCAT score?

hey all! just wondering, what are you stats for applying to the program? I have a terribly low MCAT but my extracurriculars and gpa are very good. I'm wodnering if i should retake my MCAT in may but applications will be closed by then. Do they weigh heavily on your MCAT score?
I'm applying with these stats:

cGPA: 3.08 (3.02 undergrad, 3.45 grad)
sGPA: 2.89
MCAT: 30 (12 PS, 10 BS, 8 VR)

Not really sure about how competitive these stats are for the program though.

Has anyone who applied for the 2015 cycle (DO-track) received any interviews yet???

I've been told interviews aren't conducted till March

Yes that is true the actual interviews begin March 1st as per the website, however I was wondering if anyone received invites for interviews yet?

Oh gotcha. Ya I haven't. Application completed the 2nd week of January for me.

You too. I'll keep you posted though. Would definitely appreciate it if you could keep me too.

You too. I'll keep you posted though. Would definitely appreciate it if you could keep me too.
Will do! do you by any chance know what "UAR" stands for?? Its marked as "received" on my application but Im not sure what that is.

I don't have that one on my application. I dont know what that could stand for.

Will do! do you by any chance know what "UAR" stands for?? Its marked as "received" on my application but Im not sure what that is.
Undergraduate Academic Record?

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have already submitted their apps, for the essay portion of the application; did you write out an actual essay or have a short answer response? I had written out a personal statement for it but now I'm unsure as to if that's what I should paste into the section. I appreciate the help!

For those who have already submitted their apps, for the essay portion of the application; did you write out an actual essay or have a short answer response? I had written out a personal statement for it but now I'm unsure as to if that's what I should paste into the section. I appreciate the help!
I wrote an actual essay that was a combination of my personal statement and the reasons I want to do the Biomedical Program. Hope this helps!

Good luck to you guys. Invitations start going out towards the end of this month and interviews are in April and 1st week of May. That is how it was last year. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey!!

Does anyone know the average statistics to this program. Like what should I feel confident applying with?