Puerto Rico
Universidad Central del Caribe School of MedicineBayamon, PR2011-2012Ponce School of MedicinePonce, PR2008-2009University of Puerto Rico School of MedicineSan Juan, PR2008-2009San Juan Bautista School of Medicine
(Accreditation effective beginning academic year 2007-2008
for all students enrolled at that time)
Caguas, PR2009-2010*
disagree with doesitgetchahi on the basis that Universidad Central del Caribe is an LCME accredited medical school (i.e. it IS a US medical school). Puerto Rico is a US territory and it has 4 accredited medical schools, apparently. If I were the OP I would just to further research on the schools as much as possible (i.e. look at their USMLE pass rates, where the students matched, if possible talk with students to find out what they like vs. dislike about the schools, etc.). Also I would take a long hard look at the expense of attending each school. Also, think about where you want to practice when you are done. I wouldn't worry too much about the DO vs. MD thing...I don't think there is much stigma to having a DO any more...it would limit you as far as getting some MD specialties like derm, but DO's have their own radiology and derm and ortho residencies, etc. so it kind of doesn't matter, does it?